Maaya Koneko (Hakuryuu)

Maaya Koneko (EDITED)

Hakuryuu One-shot

By: @kakophony

This one-shot is created from a pre-made cover shown in Cover and Banner Requests. Sorry if it's not fluffy enough! I haven't written too many fluffs before...and sorry if they seem to be a bit OOC.

ENJOY!

"It's time for Lei-Lei to get a buddy, huh? She's been bored with her ball lately," I say to my friend, Tsurugi Kyousuke, who wasn't interested in cats at all. "I'll talk to you later, Kyousuke. I'm at the pet shelter."

I drop my soaking wet umbrella near the umbrella rack and remove my hood. I left Lei, my Japanese Bobtail cat, home because it was pouring this evening. I could've waited for the rain to stop but since Lei looked so unhappy and curled up into a ball on her cushion, I grabbed my raincoat and flew out of the door.

The woman behind the counter smiles warmly at me. "Hello, Maaya-chan. Here for another pet?"

"Lei needs a friend, that poor little thing. Any recommendations, Konan-chan?"

"Come with me," She says and leads me down the hall. "Some new cats arrived last week. This is the Maine Coon. A gentle, easygoing breed. They get along well with children and other pets and makes a great mouser."

She points to a cage holding a cat with large ears and wide-set eyes. The cutest feature of the Maine Coon is the long plush tail that flicked from left to right.

"Adorable!" I gasp and crouch down to take a better look. "The price?"

"1000 dollars." Konan says with a small laugh.

"Sorry, sweetie," I say and stroke the ears of the Maine Coon. "Not today."

"Here's the Siamese cat."

The Siamese had the brightest unblinking blue eyes that gazed up at me. I could stare into them the whole day.

"It's very lively and clever. They can live up to 12-20 years." Konan informs.

"And how much do they cost?"

"About 800 dollars."

"I'll consider," I whisper to the Siamese and grin. "Wait for awhile, yeah?"

"Beside the Siamese is the American Shorthair. Active, easy going. Only weights around 9-13 pounds."

"Awwww!" I cry. "You're so cute!"

It was a small white cat with black stripes with the most charming little nose. I could just scoop him up in my arms and cuddle him until Konan adds the cost,

"The American Shorthair will be 900 dollars, Maaya-chan."

Konan walks right past the cage next to the American Shorthair and I tap her on the shoulder. "Aren't you going to introduce me to this one? It's new, isn't it?"