Mugen Sakuryaku (Kariya.M)

Mugen Sakuryaku

Kariya Masaki One-shot

By: @kakophony

Okay, so, Kaze Ni Aoi Hanabira is halfway done but I'm seriously stuck there so not to hold up the other one-shots, I thought I should leave them for a while and start Mugen Sakuryaku! And this one-shot may be quite short 'cause I feel that it won't be so great as long as the others. MAJOR OOCNESS OF KARIYA, I WARNED YA'LL!

ENJOY!

"Guys!" I call out as I climb out of Aoi's car and run towards my friends. "We're here! Let's get lunch!"

I take a quick scan of the group. The usual trio, Tenma, Tsurugi, and Shindou. Behind them are Kirino and Hikaru. I sigh in deep relief, putting a hand on my heart. For a second I thought Kari-

"Sorry we're late."

My relief washes away into a drain. Kariya is here.

I hide behind Kirino as fast as I could and suck in my breath. If he sees me...if Kariya sees me...

"Oh, Nobara-chan~" Hot breath hits my neck and I give a mental shiver. "Fancy seeing you here."

I jump away from him. "These people are my friends too, you know?"

"I'm your friend too, riiiight?" He twirls a lock of my hair and grins cheekily.

"No," I snap. "Let's go already. I want Katsudon!"

We take the elevator up to the mall's third floor and squeeze into the box one by one. Kariya's arm squish against mine and I shrink into the corner, glaring at him in annoyance.

We claim our usual booth in the restaurant and I take my seat, Kariya sliding in next to me. I sigh heavily and massage my knuckles.

"Hmmm...hmmm...what should I get?" Kariya ponders as he holds up the menu to his face. I roll my eyes.

"You always get Yaki udon. Why bother looking at the menu?" I grunt.

"You know me so well, Nobara-chan," He sings. "That's why we're meant to be."

Dammit. I set up myself for that one.

"Meant to be enemies." I grumble and scoot to the left.

I order a Coke and bite on my straw hard, trying to ignore the poking at my waist. Kirino shoots Kariya a look but Kariya doesn't stop until I was urged to punch him in the eye.

"What will it take for you to leave me alone?"

"A commitment to me~" He whispers and tickles my chin. I slap his hand away and make a fist. My eyes turn to Tenma and Shindou, who will most definitely not permit fighting.

I'll beat him up later.

Our food comes and I relax my shoulders, chopsticks poised. A conversation starts but I'm only concentrated on my food. I only had a couple of Daifuku for breakfast - stolen from my sister's treasured candy bag.