Himawari Ni Maisō (Amemiya.T)

Himawari Ni Maisō

Amemiya Taiyou One-shot

Written by: @kakophony

Just a reminder, most of the one-shots probably will have NOTHING to do with soccer. I don't really like to follow that idea because there isn't much to write about so I decided to think up my own. Is that okay?

And I'm so so so so sorry to say that...I just couldn't make this one-shot happy enough even when I tried my hardest! Please forgive me! But I swear on my life that Mugen Sakuryaku (Kariya Masaki) WILL be happy. I'm not saying that Himawari Ni Maisō is sad but...the ending is unpredictable. Look, I'm writing this A/N halfway through the one-shot so I don't know where my mind leads me. Sorry, @magumi-yashi! ;-; Bear with it!

ENJOY!

The soft wind blows my dress and rustles my short dark hair, rushes through the sunflower fields and leaves a flurry of leaves. I silently wander down the dirt path and look forward at the endless route where it leads me nowhere and the sunflowers seem to follow my every step, their bright yellow petals never disappearing from sight.

I pull my floppy hat down to shield my eyes from the glare of the sun and quicken my pace.

I lost count of how many times I reached the little gate at the end of the "endless route" which guards a highly restricted village of some sort and I turn back and walk home every time I see the beat-up wooden signboard. I wish I could enter the mysterious place but my mother would be terribly upset with me if I had done it.

From my village to the gate, it was a long, long way. You'd hurt your feet if you walk for too long but I like it. The sunflowers enraptured me when I first saw them and was determined to reach the end for every walk. I'm positive the sunflower fields belong to our village because there's no sign that says that it's the other village's property. Either way, it's the only beauty I can relish.

I glance from left to right to make sure no one's watching-no one is ever there-and break into a sprint into the field. I lose my hat (It had to be the 10th time the wind had stolen it but I always manage to find it again) and it flies off towards another direction, carried along with the petals in the breeze. I let out a small shriek of joy and suddenly, my little euphoric moment was disrupted by something on the ground. I trip and land on my face, getting a mouthful of grass.

I thought it was a big rock or something but it was something else I never thought it would be, a boy who was well camouflaged in the sunflowers. His hair was a bright shade of orange and his eyes were a clear sky blue. Of course I wouldn't have noticed him lying on the grass.

"Are you okay?" The boy helps me up and picks leaves out of my hair. He smiles nervously. "I'm sorry. I thought people never come here."

"I walk down the path everyday. But about once a month, I like to run in the sunflowers," I explain and smile back, only in embarrassment. "Did I hurt you?"

"Oh, no, I'm okay," He says. "Are you from around here?"

"Well..." I glance at the dark speck, which I know was the annoying black gate and look back at the boy. "No. I'm from the village far over there."