Chapter 4

It's 6 a.m. and I haven't been sleeping much after that dream, maybe an hour but not more. I'm sitting in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for everyone to show how nice I can be. Since we live here I haven't talked much to anyone, that's a good chance to show my parents that I am still alive.
The sunrise is so beautiful here. Everything seems so peaceful and calm. I don't want to wait 'til anybody wakes up so I put on my shoes and go outside for a short walk around the house. As beautiful that church looks in the morning, as frightening it looks in the night. I stand in front of it and worry if I should really go in there. I press the big wooden door to open it and it makes a loud, squeaky noise.
I'm so shocked in the moment. Everything looks like in my nightmare, that's so strange. I walk around slowly, step by step. But the church doesn't look creepy at all. It's more like a big, empty room with an altar at the end with the smell of wet paint and polish. I go straight ahead and discover the door to the imagined corridor. I try to open it, but it's closed.
Suddenly my father comes in and stops my exploring. He's totally amazed that I'm in here and shows me everything he's been doing in here until now. In my point of view, almost nothing.

'Elena, it's already 11 p.m. you should go to bed' my mom said. But I don't want to sleep. I don't want to dream.
I start missing the conversations with Susan. Her moaning about her headache, her tiredness, her feeling of being hungry although she already ate tons of food. Her stupid issues with Marcus. I think they're the most annoying couple in the world. They're not growing old together, they're getting fat together. I'd rather be alone than having a relationship that makes me fat, ugly and frustrated.

It's not that dark in my room, although it's midnight, the moon shines right through my window and spends some light. Something strange is going on here, it's so cold in here. I turn to my left side to sleep but it feels like somebody's watching me.
I can hear nothing but I'm a bit afraid. I take a deep breath and turn to the other side. A shape.
I'm so terrified. It's not the same shape as yesterday. It looks like a boy..
Dark eyes and dark hair. Skin as white as snow. A black tie, and dark posh clothes. He lookes so beautiful. Whoever or whatever he is. I have no fear anymore. As crazy as it sounds, I never felt so safe before.
He stares into my eyes and takes a step towards me..