Chapter 8

I shutter while going down the stairs to the basement, Milo keeps on holding my hand, as always. I'm really nervous, those movies disturb me, maybe I should prefer the nightmares, but by watching them I spend time with Milo, that's the only thing worth doing that.
We sit on the cold wooden floor, the sound of the camera, that continuous high speed tick-tick-tick, frightens me.

A family spends their day at a lake, father and son are fishing. The sun is shining, no clouds, no wind.

Why can't the movie end up here ?

Four people hanging above the lake. It's already night and the water is as dark as the sky. They can't see anything, their head is covered by small bags. Right now they're just hanging around there.
Something's in the water, you can see how it moves. Suddenly a crocodile jumps out of the lake and bites in one person's feet. More and more crocodiles appear, it looks like a battlefield full of blood. And water. They seem to be quite hungry, nothings left. Not even bones.

I take a deep breath and try to forget what I saw. I feel kinda dejected, after all. Milo smiles, and I absolutely hate it. Has that guy any feelings ? Looks like he hasn't.

We lie in my bed together. All his replies to my questions about the situation don't satisfy. I'm afraid of what's coming next. The next film, the next night, the next dream. Whatever it is, I'm frightened.
But then I look at him and I feel satisfaction, although nothing has changed. He just makes me feel like everything's okay, but it absolutely isn't.
I live in an isolated field, right in the middle of nowhere, there are no other people around, except my family, and I'm in love with an sadistic ghost boy who's at least two years younger than me.

Why does this happen to me ?

I can't fight my feelings for him, he's the only thing I have. Milo is my future.

I'm crying. Frustration.
Milo takes my face in both of his hands and kisses me on my forehead.

"You don't need to be afraid, I'm with you and I'm going to protect you." Milo whispers in my ear.
That's the first time I hug him. I now realize how much he means to me, he'll be my happy ending.

"I would also appreciate it, if you wouldn't hide your feelings from me as normally. I also don't hide them, because they would burn inside. Your secrets are save", he says and I can hear his disapointment about my way of treating him.

"You are everything I have, and I know that sounds as crazy as this situation. I got these feelings for you, and I can't help myself no more..", I stutter.

He takes my face in his hands again, looks in my eyes and kisses me.
This time on my mouth, not on my forehead.