9 ~ Surface

Song:Mad Hatter (IDK I was listening to it so why not.)

GIFHG GSV YVZHG DRGS QFHG LMV VEV.
LI ZIV BLF ZUIZW LU SRH YOLF UOZNVH?
SZS, NLIGZOH. BLF PMLD MLGSRMT.
Have fun using the Atbash Cipher to decode that.
Now, to the story:

"What?" Mabel asked. "Why would I call you Alcor? What does that even mean, bro-bro?"

"It's my name, Mabel." The demon explained.

"No! Your name is Dipper!" She protested.

"That was before."

"Before what?"

"Before any of this."

"Dipper, I--"

"Don't, Shooting Star." He said. "Please don't. Just call me that, okay?"

"Okay," Mabel said sadly. "Sure."

She didn't tell him, but she wanted to call him Dipper not because it was his name, but because it made him seem like her brother still. Without it, he felt like someone else. She wanted her brother, not a random stranger.

"Do you promise?" Dipper asked.

"No. You know I can't."

"Okay. I get it."

An awkward silence fell over them. Mabel took the moment to actually look at Dipper's new self.

He had on a black suit, black pants. The cuffs and his golden tied shoes were the same color as his black and gold eyes. Whenever he spoke, you could see the edges of sharp teeth. His ears were pointed too.

Then his wings. They were on his lower back, and didn't actually look that impressive. When Bill had been in control, the wings had seemed much bigger, and threatening.

"Hey, Mabel, do you want to get something to eat?" Dipper asked.

"Sure Dipper." She looked away quickly. "Um, Alcor, I meant."

Mabel stood up and opened the door. Dipper stayed sitting down. She cast him a quizzical look

"You coming or not, buttwings?"

"What?!" He said. "They aren't-!"

"Sure thing, bro-bro!" Mabel interjected. "Now come on!"

"I'll be there in a moment, Mabel."

"Oh, okay." Mabel said. "I'll, see you soon then! Bye!"

She turned and ran down the stairs, bounding down the steps. Soon she was in the kitchen, where the smell of food hit her nose.

"Oh, Mabel." Ford said. "The grilled cheese are almost finished, if you want to sit down."

She took the seat across from Stan, so Dipper could sit by her when he got downstairs.

"Hey kiddo." Stan greeted. "Where's Dipper, I heard you two talking."

"He's doing better." She said. "But, um, he wants to be called Alcor, not Dipper."

"Why?" Ford asked.

"He didn't explain."

"Maybe the kid is sensitive to his old name. You know, an emotional thing." Stan said. Mabel and Ford stared at him in surprise. He was probably right.

"He shouldn't get too mad about that. Just don't..." Ford paused. "Look, as long as no one calls him Pine Tree or something, I'm sure he'll be fine."