24 ~ Shattered

Song: Unsteady by Ambassadors

I hope you enjoyed that fluffy chapter. Now I have no need to write anymore fluffy chapters.
Back downhill here we go.

Everyone, say goodbye to the canon Transcendence AU storyline! We're not following that thing anymore!

Da chapter:
(WHAAAAT?' DIPPER'S POV?!)

It was stupid really. He had known that Mabel and Ford had been there watching two days ago. He should have just let Lily go and not bothered. Instead he'd been an idiot and now Mabel was acting pushy and Ford seemed to keep an even closer eye on him. At least Stan acted the same, which wasn't saying much.

They still didn't let him see anyone else, and didn't let him go around without one of them. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, but he was certainly starting to get bored. He never paid attention to how boring a place could be when your family didn't let you do anything.

Not that he blamed them. They certainly had their own reasons.

Ford still avoided him, he expected that. When they ran into each other, neither would say anything unless someone else spoke up. Mabel was still Mabel, she tried to help them get along, but she couldn't do much.

So that led Dipper to where he currently was, sitting on the stairs to the attic and trying as hard as he could to ignore the pull of another summons. Even if he didn't want to answer it, some part of him did, it felt like his very being was being yanked to it. It was getting harder to ignore.

He'd ignored quite a few, as opposed what Ford thought. But most of the people trying either messed up the circle or where so far away that they didn't really bother him. So he knew he didn't have to answer them.

But this summons wasn't just stronger then most, it seemed much closer. Even closer than the summon that had led him to saving Lily--he was sure that small group would never try anything ever again--and that was what worried him. Who could be so near and try to summon him? And how could he have been so stupid to let his circle become fairly common knowledge?

Dipper could always use his partial omnipotence to simply see who it was, or what might happen, but digging through all that information that was suddenly at his fingertips always left him feeling overwhelmed. He had no idea how Bill had ever been able to handle it, even if the Dorito had been millions of years older.

He sucked in a breath as the summons yanked on him again. Stronger that time. He didn't even know how that was possible. Usually be just knew someone wanted to summon him, he'd never actually felt one pull at him. Except that one time in Piedmont, but he would rather not bring any of those memories to surface.

Sighing, he finally gave up and let himself be yanked, rather roughly, to whoever his circle had been drawn by.

Dipper was certainly surprised when he found himself on the second floor of the lab under the Mystery Shack, looking at Ford, who sat on the outside of the circle before him. It also appeared that a Snickers bar had been used to summon him.

"How did you know that would work?" Dipper asked, motioning to the candy on the floor. It wasn't an important question, but he couldn't help it.

"Mabel accidentally summoned you one time." Ford said. At Dipper's imploring look, he continued. "I wouldn't expect her to use anything other. Would you?"

Dipper couldn't really say that Ford didn't have a point there. It was a good guess, and he'd turned out correct.

"So, what do you want?" Dipper asked.