25 ~ Plans

Song: Keep it Together by Mystery Skulls

And you all hate me now for what I have caused. I'm sure a few of you died reading the last chapter.
That is fine.
You all know I'm evil anyways.

IM TOO LAZY TO CHECK SPELLING AT THE MOMENT FORGIVE ME

And back to Shooting Star's POV:
(Why do I even tell you who's POV it is? It's pretty obvious all the time, isn't it?)

She hadn't seen or heard from Dipper since that morning. They had been watching Ducktective, and suddenly Dipper had made a strange face and excused himself. Mabel had thought he would have been right back, but he had never turned up again.

The strange thing was, neither had Ford. She hadn't seen either of them all day. When she'd asked Stan, he'd simply waved it off.

Then she had noticed that no one else was in the Shack. Wendy and Soos had never showed up for their jobs, and not one tourist ever wondered into the tourist trap once. She knew that something was up. Stan was in on whatever it was, and Ford had probably done something to Dipper.

So she'd gone back to Stan. She needed to know what had happened, and she needed to know if she could help.

"Grunkle Stan." She said, standing in front of him at the register.

"Yeah kid? Something up?"

"Where's Ford and Dipper?" Mabel put her hands on her hips and glared at him.

"I told you, I don't know. They'll probably be back soon, wherever they are." He didn't even look at her.

"So you know that Ford is with Dipper? How did you know that?"

"Did I say that?" He froze up momentary and glanced to the vending machine.

"Yes you did. So you know where they are, don't you?"

"Look Mabel, Ford asked me to not tell you. Sheesh, you weren't even supposed to find out so soon."

"Wait, find out what?" She leaned forward. "Grunkle Stan! Where are they? I'm worried about Dipper."

He sighed, dragging a hand down his face. "Ford summoned Dipper down in the lab so he could ask him some questions. He said that he might be able to finally figure something out and fix this whole mess."

Mabel didn't believe that. Ford had made it clear that he didn't care enough about Dipper to try to reverse anything. Or would he? Even if he did, Mabel had no idea why he would need to summon Dipper somewhere unless there was something else important.

"He didn't even tell you everything, did he?" She accused.

"Mabel, he said it was important, okay?" Stan sighed. "Dipper will be fine, Ford will be fine. Everything is gonna be fine."

Mabel huffed, not believing one bit of it. Something was up, she was sure of it. Stan wasn't telling her something. "What is it that has to be kept secret? I know you aren't telling me everything, Grunkle Stan."

"Alright, fine kid. You got me. I'm not, but it's for a good reason, you have to trust me on this."

"No. Tell me what's going on."

Stan leaned forward, resting his head on a hand. He looked once more to the vending machine, Mabel realized that that was where Ford was, and she stared to walk to it. If Stan wouldn't tell her anything, then she'd figure it out herself.

She was almost to the keypad when Stan cleared his throat and stood up. Mabel turned around and glared. He wasn't going to stop her, not on this.

"Okay, fine!" He said. "Mabel, he didn't tell me much, yeah, but it's important! He said that he could figure out why strange things have been occurring more often. Even how to get Dipper back to normal. Don't you want that?"