27 ~ Terminal

Song: 'Ride' by Twenty One Pilots

This was drawn by the amazing GadiaDraw! Thank you so much! It's amazing! I still have no words for it! The Fear looks so awesome!!!

Oh, and: This is not a happy chapter.

And I haven't checked the spelling yet so don't kill me.

Here ye go:
(Alcor's point o' view)

Three days, that was how long it had been since Ford had died. The worst part was, it was all his fault. He had known it was going to happen, and he hadn't done anything.

Alcor was floating there, invisible to everyone except Mabel - they had figured that it was some sibling thing that let her always see him - as he watched the funeral for his Great Uncle unfold.

He wasn't surprised when Stan broke down crying, when Mabel had to hold her Grunkles hand as she too wept, because he knew it would happen. Vaguely, he wondered if he would ever be surprised by anything again. After all, it's hard to surprise something that knows everything.

Since when had he thought of himself as a something and not a person?

Hadn't he always thought that or--he took a breath to stop his racing thoughts. Since he's changed back from the other form, everything had cleared up a little. He didn't constantly know everything, he wasn't being overridden by the information as he had been, but he wasn't exactly completely better either. The information was there when he wanted, but some still slipped though the cracks.

Alcor focused back on the precedings of the funeral. Most of the people from the town were there. Well, aside from the few had died back when the Fear had attacked. If anything, all the terrible things had drawn the people closer together. He thought it was cute, really.

"Dipper?" He glanced at his sister as Mabel whispered his name. Even though they all knew Dipper wasn't the correct name anymore, Mabel still used it.

"Yeah?" He said, floating over to her side, quickly.

"Will Stan be better eventually?" They shared a glance. Stan wasn't handling the death of Ford well. "I mean, he... He hasn't moved for..."

Alcor suppressed a sigh as he looked over at Stan. The oldest Pines was standing next to his brother's coffin. Everyone else had left, when had they done that?

"I think so," he said, putting an incorporeal hand on Mabel's shoulder, "he just, yeah, he needs some time. I promise."

That was true, Stan would eventually be better, Alcor could tell. When he would be better though, was the mystery.

"Good." Mabel said, sounding like she was trying to stay confident. There were tear tracks on her cheeks. "He needs to be okay. He deserves it."

He smiled down at his sister, he was taller now that he was older than her. Nothing was said. The silence dropped back down like a heavy curtain.