• Fucked •

"Do you ever wish you could be someone else?"

"All the time."

"Why?" I switched positions to lie on my side.

"I know... To you I am the ultimate god of everything cool... But I get picked on alot."

"No way." I sat up.

"Yeah... Apparently introverts who spend all their time playing video games aren't cool... Who knew?" He laughed at himself.

"Well you're the coolest person ever to me." I said in a nerdy voice.

"Thanks homie." He laughed.

"Plus... I bet half those guys don't have super hot girlfriends."

"I know right! It's such bullshit!" Cry bursted, as if I had read his mind.

I smiled while sitting cross legged on my bed.

"I love you so much ya know?" Cry sighed.

My smile turned into a shy smirk, even though he couldn't see me, I felt like he could tell.

I hugged my pillow as if it were him.

"I wish you were here..." I whispered.

Cry went quiet.

I sighed, looking at my clock.

"I gotta go to work... I'll... I'll see you later homie..." I wiped a tear and smiled again.

"See ya pretty face" I could tell he had a big goofy smile, on the face that I imagined him to have.

The call dropped and I shut my laptop, sitting up on my bed.

"Okayy..." I stretched and grabbed my phone, shoving it into my pocket.

I looked around the room, praying that I'm not forgetting anything. I swiftly went down the stairs and out the front door.

I grabbed my bike and began pedalling down the sidewalk, lost in my thoughts.

I got to the diner, and the inside was lit up.

I smiled. It really was good to be back.

I shoved my hands into the pocket of my hoodie and reached for the door.

I looked up for not even a second and was stunned instantly. Frozen in time.

My hand hovered over the "push" handle, as I looked up at the sign.

"For Lease"

I felt my eyebrows furrow and I un paused, pushing the door open anxiously.

I took a few steps in, taking in how empty everything was. The walls stripped of the Christmas lights and posters. Juke box- gone. Tables- bare.

It was unsettling.

I gulped and jumped to hear the kitchen door open.

My boss stopped in her tracks, dropping her wash cloth on the counter.

Her hands went to her mouth and she ran to me, squeezing me tightly.

I hesitantly hugged back, extremely confused.

"I'm so glad you're okay..."

Realization swept over me that she thought I was still in the hospital until just now.

She let go and pushed back tears. She held both of my hands and gave me a reassuring smile.

I glanced around the room once more.