• Home •

I looked around frantically, knowing I was running out of time.

I've never seen him like this, and really didn't know what to expect.

I always thought he was crazy, but he had gone completely insane.

I noticed behind him was the exit, and I had no other choice but to make a break for it.

I slid by him but felt a strong tug at my tank top. He pulled me back and flung me across the room.

My head smashed against the floor, and everything was spinning.

I tried to stand up but ended up falling back, against the wall. I leaned up against it, tired, and disoriented.

I saw Mike walk up to me, and suddenly his face was only inches from mine, as he grabbed my shirt.

He looked at me, eye to eye for a good 5 seconds, before he let go and pushed me against the wall once more.

He turned his back to me, and pinched the bridge of his nose.

My lip began to quiver, not sure what to do.

"Get out." He sounded collected.

I blinked, trying to process what had been said.

He quickly turned back to me, raising his fist in the air, winding up to throw a punch that could kill me.

"GET OUT... B-before I...." Even he seemed exhausted, as he closed his eyes, and clenched his fist, letting it drop to his side.

My heart was racing so fast, it was almost as if it was one, long beat.

I quickly sprinted out of the room and up the stairs, tears streaming down my face.

There were huge crashes, and swearing from downstairs as I pulled a backpack out of my closet.

I began tearing out my drawers, digging through my closet, scanning for anything important.

I lifted my mattress, to reveal the "emergency envelope" my mom had given me when I was younger.

It had about $300, some Advil, and a picture of her.

I held it close to my heart, and smiled.

"Thank you." I closed my eyes for a moment, sniffing to myself.

I fed my fish one last time, grabbed my laptop, shoving it into my bag. I looked around my room, getting one last image before never seeing it again.

I ran down my stairs and opened the front door.

I peeked back into the kitchen to see Mike, curled up in the corner of the room, everything around him trashed and broken.

I hope he gets help.

Turned and quietly shut the door, running to my bike.

I shook and struggled, just to stand the bike up.

I got a grip and began to pedal, standing on the pedals.

I didn't know where to go, I didn't know what to do.

I had no one.

I had Cry.

No, no. He's not here. I had no one.

I just pedalled, harder and harder, I was actually starting to break a sweat.

My vision was blurry from tears, but I was still aware of my surroundings.

I screeched to a stop and rubbed my eyes.

I sniffed and looked around, not sure where I was.

There were a few buildings and a small play ground. There was no one on the road or sidewalk.