Chapter 9: Reunited?

Want an EARLY UPDATE?!?!?!?! Read the bottom of this chapter!!!

Valkyrie impatiently walked the floor of the holding cell, waiting for the others to show up. I shouldn't be here, she thought. What am I doing? Her eyes whipped upwards to see her reflection being magically bound to the wall. She shot it a disgusted face. Sometimes she wondered why the heck did she go with Skulduggery all those years ago? Curse me and my curiousness!

The door swung open and they walked in. Ghastly, Tanith, Fletcher and.... Skulduggery. She let out a little gasp as her breath hitched in her throat. Awkward situation... She met Skulduggery's stare and quickly looked away. Tanith ran over and swept her into a huge hug. Hesitantly she wrapped her arms around her and gave into the comforting gesture.

Valkyrie awkwardly pulled away and gestured to the reflection. "Found one," she said, trying to say as little as possible. She crossed her arms and leant against the far away wall to put as much distance between herself and him.

She was vaguely aware of Ghastly trying to get Skulduggery's attention to start to interrogate the reflection to find any answers to what was going on, but he seemed as out of it as she did. She tried to block out all her surroundings as she just concentrated on him.

He was looking good in his famous suit and tie, his hat placed at an angle on top of his skull. Why did this happen to her? Why couldn't she fall for someone, well... normal? Stupid heart. Love was a dangerous game and she had fallen too hard.

Skulduggery had finished interrogating the reflection and cleavers were currently taking her to the Gaol. Valkyrie left the room as soon as possible. She didn't want an awkward encounter with Skulduggery, she didn't think she could emotionally handle it. Unfortunately Tanith had other ideas...

"Valkyrie, where do you think you're going?" she emphasised as she started to leave the room.

"Uh, home?" she lied, and Tanith, being Tanith, saw right through it.

"Of course you are, and the sky has turned green, stop lying and talk to me," she answered, standing over Valkyrie with her arms folded across her chest.

"Um Tanith, right now?" she asked looking from Skulduggery to Ghastly. Tanith instantly realised what she meant and softened her hard expression.

"Ok sure honey, just stop by my house later ok? Skul? Drive her over please. Ghastly coming?" Tanith said as she left the room pulling Ghastly out of the room.

"Tanith, uh no!! Tan... damnit," Valkyrie started but was quickly shut off by the door slamming. Well, awkward situation that we're in right now. She turned to Skulduggery who was staring intently at her.

"Umm... Hi?" she started. Skulduggery just chuckled and pulled her in for a hug. She tensed and gasped slightly, but reluctantly went with it.

"Val, you had me so worried, don't ever do that to me again ok?" he asked sincerely standing back and holding her by the shoulders.

"Yes Skul," she sighed looking down.

"Seriously Valkyrie, why did you leave? I know it just wasn't this whole Darquesse thing. You can tell me anything you know?"

"Well..."

 ------------------------------------

PLEASE READ!!!

Seeing as I'm bad with regular updates...

You want the next chapter??? Lets see, if i get 3 votes, 2 comments and 1 new follower I'll update the next chapter 5 days after this is posted... If you can do it!!! I'll let you know if you've done it the day before!!

Don't forget to read my other stories! It would mean a lot to me, you honestly don't know! Message me with comments, ideas, feedback or if you just want a chat!!