Chapter 12: Vampire and Detectives

*holds out Skulduggery's revolver*

Ummm, you can shoot me now for making you wait extra long???????

Sorry for the long wait guys!!!!! Massive writers block but I'm back!!!!! If you need a story to read while your waiting for this one please consider some of my other stories!!!! I would love your feedback on them!!!!! Here's chapter 12!!!!

---------------------------------------------

Back in Ghastly's living room, Skulduggery was pacing up and down the floor again, where Valkyrie and Tanith had their fight just minutes before. Now they were completely silent as they tried to figure out what to do.

"So what exactly happened Skul?" Ghastly asked.

Skulduggery ran his gloved hands over his face again. "Ok, we were sitting in the car beside the pier when someone broke the window, hauled Valkyrie out and ran off with her."

"Did you do anything?" Ghastly continued.

"Dammit Ghastly, of course I did! Except this was a vampire who knew what they were doing, so I wasn't fast enough!" He choked out a sob at the end.

"Skulduggery," Tanith spoke up, "What happened in the car?"

Skulduggery softened as he remembered what she said to him.

I love you.

"S-she t-told me she l-loved me, then I kissed her?" It came out as more of a question than an actual answer.

"YOU WHAT?!?!" Tanith shouted. "Finally! It's about time you told her!"

"Yes, yes whatever, but SHE'S GONE NOW!!!" Skulduggery cried out. The three fall silent as they figure out where she could've been taken.

"So you said she was taken by a vampire?" Ghastly asks.

"Yes, but I don't know who it was!"

"It's ok, just calm down Skul, please!"

Skulduggery calmed and looked up at Ghastly.

"I have to find her."

"I know."

--------

Valkyrie's POV

I woke up in a concrete box a thumping feeling in my head. I reached up to feel my head and when I pulled my hand away, it was covered in my blood. I had no idea what happened, I just remembered me and Skulduggery in the Bentley and then we kissed.... And then.... And then.... Oh that vampire!!!! The blood boiled inside of me and I clenched my fists. I was honestly ready to kill that vampire!

I wasn't just annoyed that they had taken me and I didn't know who they were, but that they had taken me away from Skulduggery.

I paced up and down the small holding cell as I contemplated on what to do. There was no door or windows and the only obvious exit was thorough the roof where a small trapdoor was bolted shut.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. There was no simple way to get out if here. Hopefully someone would come and rescue me, because there is no simple way to get out of here.

I sighed again and sank down the wall to the floor and held my head in my hands. Why when suddenly everything was going well, the world decided to play a cruel joke on me and turn everything around again?

As I was mulling over these thoughts, I didn't hear the trapdoor swing open and someone silently step into the room. I looked up and gasped when I saw who it was.

"Why hello Valkyrie, long time no see aye?"

-------------------------

Oooh, cliffhanger! Sorry but I like building up the suspense! Um, 7 votes, 5 comments for next chapter?