Chapter 13: Him Again

Dedicated to @flickstar51 for her awesome ideas and drawings!!!!

Tanith's POV:

6 days. 6 whole days she has been missing. To say Skulduggery was freaking out was the understatement of the century. He hadn't stopped pacing the room, trying to figure out where Val could've been taken. Thank goodness he was a skeleton and didn't need to eat or sleep. We were currently sitting in Ghastly's office eating pizza going through possible places of where she went.

"So any ideas at all?" Ghastly asked sighing, massaging his temple. I reached under the table and gripped his knee for reassurance. This was definitely starting to stress him out. We were all stressed.

"No clue," Skulduggery grimaced. He was really taking this hard. Well, I don't blame him.

"Did you see who the vampire was?" I tried.

"No, he had a hoodie and sunglasses on, but he did have bite marks all over his hands," he continued.

"Well, there you go, we have a lead!" I said, trying to be positive, because honestly, this clue was a needle in a haystack.

"Urghhhhh!" Skulduggery groaned, hitting his head on the table.

"Don't worry Skul, we'll find her," I told him.

"Will we?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah, I mean we always do right?" It came out of my mouth as more of a question than an answer.

"Tanith, just for ths once can you not look on the positive side of things?!" Skulduggery shouted, getting up and storming out of the room. He slammed the door making me jump. Ghastly came over and gave me a comforting hug.

"Don't worry, he's just upset, he'll come around," he reassured me. I just nodded, burying my head in his neck.

VALKYRIE'S POV:

"Why are you here?!" I shouted. Caelan stared down at me, a grin forming over his pale face.

"What, can't I come see my baby?" he asked, jumping down and coming forward to cup her face with his hand. Valkyrie blocked his fist, pushed at the end and sent him hurtling across the small concrete box.

"I am not your baby and you will never call me that ever again," I hissed.

"Ooh, a little fiesty since I left aren't you?"

"I will wipe that damn smirk off your face off your face if you don't shut up this second," I threatened him, seriously annoyed.

"I don't- Ah!" he shouted as my fist collided with his face.

"Told you."

TANITH'S POV:

"I have a lead!" I shouted running back into the office. Now, I'm no detective, but I thought I was very clever for finding this.

"Well what is it?" Skulduggery shouted jumping out of his chair.

"I found where the vampire took her!"

"What?! Where?!"

"Someplace in Scotland," I said, chucking him the file with all the info in it. Skulduggery suddenly went quiet, his hands gripping the folder, his jaw clenching.

"Skul? Uh, what's the matter?" I asked tentatively.

"Of all the places..." he muttered. "Come on, let's go get Valkyrie back."

VALKYRIE'S POV:

I think it's been about 9 days since I was kidnapped. For some reason this place was ringing some bells but I couldn't put a finger on it. I had worked out I was in Scotland from all the vampires Caelan had with Scottish accents.

Caelan however had been literally throwing himself at me. He would come into my cell with food and only give it to me if I kissed him. Sick I know, but I had to, because otherwise I would starve. I would kick him in the face if I could, but somehow he had handcuffs that had drained my power and had me fastened against the wall. Honestly this sucked right now.

--------------------------

3 DAYS LATER: STILL VALKYRIE'S POV

Outside I heard muffled shouts and a lot of feet stomping on the ground. I raised my weak head just as Caelan burst into the room and picked me up by my collar.

"How did they find me?!" he growled into my ear. I looked at him confused just as four familiar people ran into the room. Fletcher, Ghastly, Tanith and Skulduggery were standing in front of Caelan and me. Skulduggery trained his revolver on his head. He was just about to say my name when Caelan's fangs sank deep into my neck...

I am so sorry this is really late! But I hope you like it anyway! I have this story planned out for 2 more chapters and then a sequel which will be quite short. But I have taken into account the characters you guys submitted (which were awesome by the way) and they will appear in the next book! I'm sorry guys, but I promise it will be worth it! Please check out my other stories as well!