Chapter 15 (Part 1): I don't have a choice... I love her.

A/N: I know that this is completely untrue but it fits in with my story ok? By the way, last chapter everyone! I can’t believe this is it! But, there will be a sequel, I will keep you all updated! Love you guys, you are awesome! x.

SKULDUGGERY'S POV:

I froze, looking at the woman who so called herself my... wife. How could this possibly be true? I saw her die right in front of my eyes!

"Skulduggery?" the woman whispered, her voice hoarse. If I had had any eyes they would be very wide by now.

"Um, yes?" I answered, unsure of what to say.

"You don't remember me do you?" she said.

"No, no I do! I... I just... I just don't believe it! I watched you be murdered!"

"All lies Skulduggery, all lies. Do you want me to tell you what really happened?" she whispered. I still couldn't wrap my head around this, this just couldn't be real, so I merely nodded my head.

"When Nefarian Serpine kidnapped myself and our daughter, he locked us up in a windowless room. No food, no air and no light. We sat there together, our daughter and I, for 3 days before he came back for me. He took me away leaving our daughter behind. He forced me to create a reflection of myself, and then sent the reflection back to the room. It was my reflection and our daughter who died. I never did.”

I was shocked, I didn’t know what to do at all. “No, no that can’t be true! I saw you die in front of my own eyes!” I shouted, backing up into the corner. 

“Skulduggery!” the woman who so called herself my very dead wife, shouted frantically. “Please Skulduggery, there’s more!” she begged. I kept quiet, utterly speechless at what I’ve heard. “After the reflection and our daughter died, Nefarian locked me up in this room, strapped me down to this table and plugged all these wires into me!”

“Then, then how are you still alive?” I whispered.

“These wires are what you would call life supports I guess, but they are much more powerful.”

“What would happen if they were taken out?” I managed to get out.

“I don’t know... I... I think... I’d live.”

TANITH’S POV:

I ran through the Sanctuary with Valkyrie in my arms, Ghastly running right beside me. It felt so good to know that he was here with me.

I looked down at Valkyrie, cringing at the sight of her wound on her neck. I knew that Caelan would just cause trouble, we should’ve never trusted him when we were trying to get Skulduggery back from the Faceless Ones. But I suppose if we hadn’t, Skul wouldn’t be here with us right now.

“Hold on Val, nearly there,” I whispered as the medical bay came into sight. Ghastly ran ahead opening the door for me as I ran in and placed her on the table. Nye looked over, a shocked look on its face as he saw Valkyrie, bleeding to death on its operating table.

I turned to Nye and stared it right in the eye, “You will fix her, and she will live, do you understand?” I stated coldly. It nodded its head and quickly busied itself. I turned sharply on my heel and stalked out of the medical bay. 

As I walked through the doors, Ghastly walked up to me and a smile instantly settled on my face.

“Hi,” I whispered quietly, unsure on what to do, how to react.

“Hi to you too,” he said back, pulling me into his arms. He leaned in and kissed me with so much passion I thought I would burst. “Be mine?” he asked letting his forehead rest on mine.

“Hell, yeah,” I whispered back, grabbing the sides of his face and kissing him again.

MALIFICENT’S POV:

“You... would live?” he asked, with that velvety voice I grew to love and missed so much.

“I believe so,” I said, wishing to be in his arms again. He moved over to the table and examined the extent of the wires protruding out of my body. He hesitantly grabbed one of the wires and pulled it out gently. Nothing happened, so I guess I was right.

“I guess I was right, huh?” He just nodded in response, and proceeded to pull all of the wires out of my body.

After he had pulled all the wires, I gingerly sat up. After being strapped to that table for the past 4 centuries or so, I was very weak and sore, and the slightest movement at the moment was killing me. 

I let out a gasp of pain as I tried to stand up, but my legs gave way and I tumbled to the floor, but Skulduggery caught me just in time.

“Uh, thanks…” I said, feeling a tad awkward in this situation but it felt so good to have my husbands arms around me again.

“No problem,” he said smoothly, helping me back onto the table. “I’m going to take you to Dr Nye ok? He’s our Sanctuary doctor and will help you get better alright?” he said.

I froze with panic at the mention of Dr Nye. “Nye?! But wasn’t he tried for war crimes and…”

“Yes, but he is the best, and he has helped me and my partner stay alive countless times,” he interrupted. 

“Your partner?” I inquired as he scooped me into his arms. I let out a sigh of content as he started to walk away from that wretched room.

“Uh yeah, she’s been working with me as my uh, detective partner? Apprentice? I don’t know what we are exactly…” he trailed off. “But she’s been working with me since she was 12 so about 6 years?”

I listened intently. Skulduggery, having an apprentice? It just didn’t seem like him. “She?” I asked.

“Yeah… Her name’s Valkyrie, she’s 18, has the longest black hair you have ever seen,  beautiful dark eyes, always in black or dark coloured clothing.” He shut up instantly as he looked at my shocked face. He couldn’t love her, could he? He had to have been faithful to me all this time. The more I thought about this Valkyrie girl, the more I started to hate her. I felt so angry that my own husband had replaced me for an 18 year old girl!!

“Skulduggery… Do you… still love me?” I asked, looking at him with puppy dog eyes that I knew he couldn’t resist. As I suspected, it worked.

“What? Of course I do! I mean, you are my wife!” he said almost intently. A smile of satisfaction made its way onto my face. If I ever met this Valkyrie, she should be warned that if she so much touches my husband, I would personally chop her silly little head off. He’s mine.