Chapter 11: Love at first fight?

Important A/N at the end! If you want this story to go on, please read it!

Skulduggery pulled away from her grasp. A look of disbelief crossed over his face as the words sunk in. He just couldn't believe it.

"Y-you do?" he asked dumbfoundely. Valkyrie blushed and dropped her intense gaze. Her fingers were awkwardly playing with the hem of her tight black jacket that was perfectly fitted to her.

"Um, well, yes?" she answered, reaching up to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, but he beat her to it. He gently smoothed the hair out of her face, moving his long fingers to carefully caress her cheek. Her breath hitched in her throat as his gloved hand moved from her cheek to her jaw. She leaned forward and reached up to tap the facade on his collarbones. The new face flowed up over his skull, but she barely had time to check out his new face before he briefly pressed the facade's unfamiliar lips to hers in a small and gentle kiss. They broke apart and smiled genuinely at each other.

As they were leaning towards each other again a bloody hand snaked through the open window of the car and dragged Valkyrie out by the neck. Valkyrie was kicking and screaming as the thing held on to her fast and swiftly pulled her free.

"SKULDUGGERY!!!" she shouted at the car. Skulduggery leapt out of the car revolver flying and he fired six times at the thing holding Valkyrie. But the thing only grinned. It wasn't until Skulduggery saw his teeth that he knew what it was. Vampire.

"VALKYRIE!!!" he roared and flung himself at the vampire. The vampire merely shoved him aside and slammed Valkyrie face down on to the road. She screamed in pain and once again tried to escape the deathly grip the vampire had on her. Skulduggery pulled himself to his feet and flung fire and pushed the air but the vampire would not budge.

As Skulduggery was running back to Valkyrie, the vampire leaned down and sank his fangs into her neck. Valkyrie's screams filled the air again as the vampire picked her up and ran off into the distance. Skulduggery tried to keep up but there was no way he could keep up with the speed of the vampire.

He eventually sank to his knees, trying to get his breath back as the vampire stole his love from him again. He pulled out his phone and sent a message to Ghastly.

To: Ghastly Bespoke From: Skulduggery Pleasant.

Shes gone. again.

The reply was almost instant.

From: Ghastly Bespoke To: Skulduggery Pleasant.

WHAT?!?!?!

-----------------------------

Hi!!!! I am sooooooo sorry this is late, and that it's short, but I hope you enjoy it!! My week has been so hectic!!!! I'll update on Sunday if I get 6 votes, 3 comments. Also please check out my other stories, particularly Xavier. I really want more reads and votes for that story because it is my own work and I want to know what people think of it. I don't just want to be known for my fanfictions. If I don't get many reads/votes/comments on my other stories, I might stop this story because I really want to be known for my own stories. Thanks guys! You readers are awesome, and I'm so thankful that you do take the time to read my stories!!! Any new followers would be appreciated!!!! Love you!