8. Halloween & HIV

Cover by @alyssa373. ~ thank you!

"Talk to me, please," I plea over at Eve.

She decided that sleeping on the guys' couch wasn't her best idea, but yet she stayed until Friday.

Aka. Today.

All week she's been ignoring me like the plague.

In class she would sit on the other side, she would barely look at me while dropping by at our dorm, she would sit at another table in the cafeteria, avoid meeting up on the usual spots we pass in the hall.

This who old week I've been invisible to her.

"Seriously, you can stay with a mutt and a hunter you barely know, but you can't stay with your best friends?" I burst out.

She keeps her eyes glued to her computer screen, tapping away on her keyboard.

Her lips are set in a straight line beneath her nose, her eyes narrowed and ears blocked.

Hellooo, I'm actually here!

Oh my god!

Why haven't I thought about reading her mind, it's that easy and I haven't thought about it.

What the hell is this? Luna? Alpha? Banshee, what? Am I in some kind of Teen Wolf episode? Which is a show I'm never gonna watch again, they've ruined it..

Alpha, Luna? What the hell is she searching for?

Mates.. Noah said something about mates, but he wasn't really saying it to me though. I eavesdropped on them..

Typical Eve.

"Evelyn Madeline Thorton, talk to me," I demand.

Eve waves her hand dismissively in my direction, her thumb nail now being chewed on as she keeps her eyes on the screen.

At least it's a start.

Jess and Lilly burst through the door, Jess looking like a crazy lunatic.

Jess has red devil horns on her head along with a little messy, red wig and a long tail dangling from around her waist.

Her bags held high in the air to get our attention to her.

Lilly on the other hand only had bags in her hands, her costume most likely in one of them.

"Look at my cute costume for the Halloween party tomorrow!"

Eve's head whips in their direction for a few seconds, but her attention soon goes back to the screen.

"Hello to you too social person," Jess says slightly offended and slaps Eve playfully with her pointy tail.

Eve cracks under her friend's ridiculous assault and grabs a hold of her tail, but doesn't pull it.

"That costume'a great! And the rest of your outfit?"

"Now you've done it," Lilly complains and dumps down on her bed.

"I'll show you!" Jess squeals and runs off into the bathroom with all her bags.

Lilly sighs loudly from her bed and drops all her bag on the floor, a black dress falling out of one of them.

"And your costume?" I ask pointing at it.