12. Alcohol & Aspirin

Song; Backseat Serenade - All time low.

As I keep staring at my mom's shirt hanging there, the familiarity of the smell completely fills my nostrils.

Mom.

And aunt Cana.  

I reach out in front of me just as a drop of blood drips from the ceiling and onto my hand, the drop runs across it to continue its journey towards the floor.

This much amount of blood, and no other scents should be impossible unless they were actually here to go through with this.

Despite the blood now constantly dripping onto my outstretched hand I keep it there, still in the air mere inches away from the shirt.

My hand briefly brush against the fabric, but my arm gets pulled back to my side as abruptly as my knees suddenly gives in beneath me.

I barely register it when Xavier and Lilly catch me before I unwillingly hug the floor hard.

A loud buzzing noise fills my ears along with the rapid sound of my heartbeat, it's like it's going on overdrive.

Their mouths move in slow motion as they speak to each other and they shoot concerned looks my way.

Why?

I'm here, and I'm fine aren't I?

When Noah unhooks mom's shirt from the lockers and sniff it, I'm thinking about how many ways I would've killed him if I was in the condition to it.

No one touches it!

He sniffs it again as Lilly keeps speaking to him, but he keeps on shaking his head in respond to whatever she's saying or asking.

Stop touching it!

Xavier hoists me up into his arms and keeps a steady hold of my useless, limp body.

Mom!

Darkness welcomes me as my eyes roll to the back of my head.

~*~

"Hello?"

"To whom am I speaking?"

Dad?

"Xavier Collins, sir. Is Mrs. Bloodworth there by any chance?"

Mom?

"Why should I tell a venator such as yourself the whereabouts of my wife?"

"Is she there or not?"

He doesn't know?

"Don't use that tone with me filthy venator. Why do you have my daughter's phone?"

"Tell him about what's happened!"

"Tell him about Allegra."

Me?

What about me?

"What's happened to my daughter? You better not have done anything or I swear to you, the last thing you'll see before you die will be my claws buried deep into your heart!"