The Date

Four o'clock am, Jave Jandle was up bright and early. But it was quite ironic. It was anything but bright. The sun wasn't up yet.

He pulled on one of his nicer shirts paired with black skinny jeans. He brushed his hair - yes, he brushed his hair - and was out the door.

He got to the 24 hour Theatre ten minutes early and waited.

It was finally 4:59, and Jave was starting to get antsy. This was the school nerd. She never made mistakes. She would come early, right? If she didn't come early, did that mean that something was wrong? Did she stand him up?

Jave looked at his watch again. It read 5:00:00, and he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and his eyes popped open.

Standing there was Bella, clad in a baggy shirt that went down to her knees, jeans that were obviously many sizes too large, and rotten sneakers with a huge hole, where her toe was sticking out.

Jave gaped. She looked...disgusting. Even if this was a bet, he couldn't be seen with someone so gross!

He smiled uncomfortably, gingerly offering his hand.

Bella returned the uncomfortable smile.

"Sorry, I said I'm not fond of physical contact,"

Was this girl insane? Anyone, even guys, would kill to touch the Jave Jandle, especially hold his hand.

Jave frowned. He looked at Bella's hand, limp at her side. For some reason it looked so soft. And tiny. Like he could just...

"Did I not just say not to touch me?" Bella asked sternly, staring at his hand clinging to her fingers.

Jave jumped back, and a rose blush formed on his cheeks.

"I-I just..." Why couldn't he think of an excuse? He stared into her eyes thinking, and saw a flash of green. Did she have green eyes? He couldn't quite see through her glasses. "Wait a second, do you--"

"Save it for next time, Jace. We've got a movie to watch," Bella said, gesturing to the theatre. Jave just nodded.

"Oh, and by the way, my name is actu--"

"I said to save it," Bella hissed. But when she saw the look on Jave's face, guilt surged through her. Must she always ruin everything?

Bella debated with herself for thirty seconds before tentatively nudging his shoulder. Jave smiled back at her. She could still feel his arm against her elbow, even after she touched him. Physical contact sure felt weird.

Jave held the door open for her, and Bella smiled appreciatively at him. He visibly cringed at the sight of her smile, and she frowned. She almost had to remind herself that she was ugly. But when she was with Jave, she felt like a princess.

Bella looked up at the board, showing the available movies. She pointed to a movie called A Stolen Kiss. Bella loved romance movies, loved them. She'd heard that A Stolen Kiss was the new awesome one that shattered your heart. She'd been dying to watch it ever since the trailer came out a month ago.

"We're gonna watch that one," Bella commanded.

Jave frowned. He wanted to watch Battle X-Z-V: Aliens and Demons. He knew it was childish, but the series was surprising good.

Jave was snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Bella take off her shoe.

"What-what are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" She asked, jumping around, trying to get the shoe off.

"Well it looks like you're taking off your shoe," Bella fell to the ground. "And it looks like you need help." Jave said, crouching next to her.