Rejection and Confessions

"Just think about it."

The words would ring in her mind every time she saw him, thought about him or saw someone who looked like him.

It had been a week since Josh's confession and Bella was absolutely baffled. And she had started to panic. So Bella did the exact opposite of what he asked. She had hoped that if she shoved the thought to the back of her mind, and if she made sure to stay away from Josh, it would never come up again.

Obviously, she hadn't been trying hard enough because there he was, standing in front of her, on her doorstep.

He looked nervous, and frazzled and exasperated. A combination that left her guilty.

"Uhhhhh, hey...there," she muttered and weakly pointed two fingers at him. Josh simply stared at her, making her self-conscious.

"I'm coming in," he said, pushing past her.

Wow. Rude.

"Hey, you could at least ask--"

"I've given you a week," He ran his hands through his jet black locks nervously. "What do you say?" He smiled hopefully at her.

She sighed and sat down on the couch, motioning for him to sit next to her.

Bella didn't know what to say. She had tried to forget about his confession, pushing it to the back of her mind and never coming back to it. What was she going to do?

"I-I...um," She couldn't let him down. She didn't have the heart, but...

"I'm really sorry, Josh. I do love you, just as a brother, or even somewhat like...a mom? I don't know, you're just so caring and lovely and you can cook a mean burger...I just...I used to, I mean--"

Josh silenced her with a hand and smiled sadly, shaking his head.

"I already knew. You're in love with him."

"Hey, that's stretching it a bit far--"

"No. You are, but you still have to figure it out for yourself. It's fine. I already saw it coming."

"But just because I'm not in love with you, doesn't mean that I'm in love with Jandle. He's an asshole!"

"Keep telling yourself that, but one day you may be proven wrong." He smiled sadly and stood up, walking out the door.

"Wait!"

"Yeah?"

"Are we still cool, though?"

Josh stopped for a second and sighed.

"I don't know."

Bella watched as he walked away, his retreating back hunched in defeat. Immediately, she felt a wave of guilt. All Josh had ever done was love her. He'd treated her way better than Jave ever had, and yet she returned the favor by rejecting him.

She spent the next twenty minutes attempting to do her homework, and trying not to think about how Josh must feel when all of a sudden, her phone rang.

"BELLAAAAAAA!!" A voice screamed on the other end before she had the chance to say hello.

"Yeah?"

"It's Piper I have something I need to tell you and so I'm coming over be ready and also Josh came in and he's like really sad I don't know what happened or what you did so please spill when I'm coming over I'm in the car right now so make sure your ears are ready by the way how did you make Joshua sad it's like the first time and--"

"Piper!"

"Yeah!"

"Stop." And there, she ended the phone call.

The doorbell rang.

Bella sighed and opened the door to a giggled Piper.

"Oh my gosh I'm so excited I got here so early you didn't even know I was here I was gonna scare you--"

"Piper."

"Yeah! Oh, I love my name you know how I got it? I was born in this unfinished hospital and so there was a leaking pipe right over in the ceiling that kept dripping and it dripped on me right after I was born and at that moment Peter Piper came on the TV so it was so awesome--"

Bella sighed again, a massive migraine beginning to eat through her brain.

"PIPER SHUT THE HELL UP AND CALM YOUR FUCKING TITS ALREADY!!"

Piper had the nerve to smile. Then burst out laughing. She plopped down on the couch giggling.

All of a sudden, she turned serious and narrowed her eyes at Bella.

"No one and I mean no one can hear about this," she whispered, her voice soft but firm.

Bella looked into her hazel brown eyes, saw she wasn't joking and nodded.

Piper sighed, fidgeting.

"I think...no, I know I'm in love with Jave."

A/N: I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I'm sorry I took millions of years to update and this chapter is crap only talking about Piper talking non stop and it's only 700 words I'm so sorry. I promise I'll update tomorrow or later tonight. Okay?

Thx

Comment, vote, share and all that jazz!

Lots of Luve,
Rosetta
😇