Would You Go Out With Me Again?

Bella got to class early. She sat in her chair with a book, when suddenly, someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Are you the new transfer student that everyone's been talking about?" A guy asked. She recognized him as one of the best basketball players on the school team. "You're sitting in Bella Galvan's seat," he leaned in close. "She's an ugly sh*t so I doubt you'd want to sit there."

Her eyes blazed with anger as she suppressed the urge to rip the guy's neck off.

"No, I'm not the new transfer student," she said through gritted teeth. "The name's Bella Galvan, nice to meet you." She put on her best smile, holding out her hand.

The guy stared at her...and stared...and stared again.

"Uh-uh-uhhhhhhhhhh....uhhhhhhhhhh... OH MY GOD IT'S BARACK OBAMA!!!" He yelled, pointing behind her. Bella knew better than to fall for the trick and rolled her eyes as the boy scrambled away.

Bella smiled to herself and went back to the book. The minutes ticked by, and the remaining students started to file in, chatting animatedly or cramming to do homework.

Mrs. Grant clapped her hands and the students quieted immediately, directing their attention to the teacher.

"We've got a new student joining us today," she said loudly. Her announcement caused everyone to cast questioning glances towards Bella. They probably thought she was the transfer student.

A knock on the door silenced everyone.

"That must be her," Mrs. Grant said, quickly going to open the door. Now everyone was confused. If Bella wasn't the transfer student, who was she?

In stepped a petite girl with curious brown eyes, freckles sprinkled across her nose, and a single long braid down her back. She stood at the front of the room with subtle confidence as she eyed her new classmates.

"Meet Piper Jensen, your new classmate," Mrs. Grant gestured for her to speak.

"My name is Piper Jensen and--"

"Tell us something we don't know!" Jave called from the back, the class erupting in snickers. The humor was immediately gone and replaced by silence when Piper shot a death glare at Jave.

"I came from Madison, Wisconsin. My pop made us move here 'cuz he was getting bored of Wisconsin. I like caterpillars, but hate butterflies. I like tacos but hate quesadillas. Also, my favorite cheese is Havarti," she said in a slight southern accent. "Thanks."

"Thank you Erica, now you can sit next to..." Mrs. Grant looked straight at her. "Bella?" She asked tentatively. Bella gave a slight nod, and Mrs. Grant raised her eyebrows in approval. "Yes, you may sit next to Bella over there."

Piper walked over to the empty desk, shrugging off her bag and throwing it to the floor.

Bella smiled. She decided the liked the girl from the way she seemed to loathe Jave, and the authority radiating off her body.

She decided to make her move, and started some small talk with the girl. Piper was unexpectedly interesting and shared her adventures in Wisconsin. You could tell from the faraway look in her eyes that she missed the place.

By break, the two were inseparable.

"What's your deal with Jave?" Piper asked. The two were sitting by the school courts, watching the students play.

"Yeah. Let's just say there's a lot of...tension between us,"

"Hah! Yeah, sexual tension," Piper smirked knowingly, letting the word roll off her tongue. Bella was taken aback. She felt many things towards Jave. Extreme hatred? Check. The urge to rip his head off? Bingo. The urge to grab him by the collar and kiss his brains out? Absolutely...not...?

Sure, the guy was attractive with his dirty blonde hair, deep blue eyes and sharp features. And sure, he could probably be a model for Abercrombie, but his personality sucked a**. Like no joke. But sure he probably had the perfect body underneath that school uniform, and sure he was rich as f*ck, and sure he was extremely smart and athletic, and sure...wait, where was she going with this?

"Well, what's your deal with him? You looked about ready to gut him back there," Bella desperately changed the subject.

"Well the reason I moved here was because my Pop left. I couldn't tell the class my family was unstable," she sighed, that faraway look back in her eyes. "He left about a year ago. He took all our savings and ran away with this French woman. It was terrible. I had to sit through my mom's heartbroken sobs every night. It was hard, and Wisconsin was amazing, but we couldn't afford it anymore. And that's how I ended up here,"

Bella sighed sympathetically. She couldn't imagine life without her parents, especially if one of them left her so harshly.

"Now I just hate boys in general. I feel that if I get too close to them, they'll leave me the way my father did. Those untrustworthy jerks. I especially hate guys like Jandle. The players. They're so irritating...ugh," she groaned, placing her hands over her ears.

That was...interesting. Bella had never met anyone who loathed the opposite gender. It was quite unusual to say at the least.

The confident Piper was back and she looked straight ahead.

"Trouble at 12 o'clock," she whispered in Bella's ear. Bella looked up to see Jave heading towards them, his smirk prominent on his devilishly handsome features.

"Well, hello ladies...and Piper," he said nodding to Piper. Bella saw her friend turn an unusual shade of purple, balling up her fists. From the way her body twitched, and how her right leg moved ever so slightly backwards, Bella knew what was going to happen.

She was up and in front of Jave before Piper could lunge at him.

"Give him a chance to speak," Bella said, doing her best to calm her friend down. "You better make this worth our time," she hissed at Jave.

The blonde boy just kept smirking.

"I'd only like to speak with Bella," he said when both girls turned to glare at him. "And alone, please,"

"Let me handle this," Bella said to Piper, giving her a reassuring smile.

Piper nodded, giving Jave one last glare before going off.

Jave led her into another dark alleyway that she hadn't heard of before. She was starting to doubt this school's safety.

"What do you want, Jandle?" She huffed, annoyed.

"Would you go out with me? Again?"

A/N: Wait, what was that??? Another cliffhanger??? Yes. I'm sorry nothing happened in this book besides the arrival of Piper. She'll be quite an important figure in this book, so if you don't like her, then sucks for you.

Anyway, comment. How do you like Piper? Do you think Bella trusted her too easily???

And you see that little star shaped button down there? Just do me a favor and click on it. 😜

Also I'm sorry for updating so late. I've got this disease called Writers Block. Ever heard of it? Well, that means I'll be slow on the chapters so sit tight!!!

Lots of Luve,
Rosetta 💑🍳