The Truth

Bella was happy. She didn't know what kind of happy, but she knew it felt good. It was the type of happy that just made you smile all the time. And she knew why she was happy. What was making her happy, or rather who was making her happy.

Jave Jandle.

She liked him. She liked his crooked smile, his dirty blonde hair, his soft blue eyes. She liked his name, the way it was unusual but not downright weird. She liked his irresistible personality, and the way he treated her like a princess. She liked him.

Her head was filled with him and what they did the day before as she rode her bike to school.

She liked him, but hated him for making her feel and look like a love-sick puppy. She was never one of those fawning girls.

Once she got to school, she parked and locked her bike. A commotion by the entrance caught her attention. Immediately, jealousy surged through her as she saw Jave surrounded by a bunch of girls. Their high-pitched shrieks pierced her ears like the annoying yapping of her neighbor's Chihuahua.

"Jaaaaaaave!!!" One particularly pretty girl whined. "I thought I was your girlfriend." She pouted.

"What the frick are you talking about, girl?" Another girl asked. "Jave tell her. You said you loved meeeee!"

"Oh, shove off, you slut."

"What the hell did you just call me?"

"Shut up, you two. Jave's my boyfriend. MINE!!" A girl in pigtails shrieked, wrapping her fingers around Jave's arm.

"Yeah, right. Javey wouldn't even spare you a first glance." A third girl piped up.

"Yeah, you're ugly af." An emo looking girl said.

Jave smiled his dashing smile. His heartbreaking smile.

"Girls. Please stop. And don't worry. I was in a small relationship yesterday, but it will be over today,"

WHAT?!

Bella's heart nearly stopped. She stood there, stunned to silence until the girls dispersed, giving Jave wonton winks as they left.

He walked away swiftly but suspiciously towards the drama classes.

She knew it was highly inappropriate, but couldn't seem to help herself and quietly followed after him.

He entered a small alleyway she hadn't known existed and sauntered towards an upperclassman smoking a cigarette.

Bella ducked behind a trash can, surveying the scene.

"Jave Jandle," Mark said in his British accent. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Don't play stupid with me, Mark. You owe me a bit of money." He smirked.

Mark's head snapped up.

"Already? You only had your first date yesterday,"

"Well, that's why I said to never doubt me."

"Bloody hell, I underestimated you. And I overestimated Galvan. You actually got Bella Galvan to fall in love with you,"

"Amazing, aren't I." Jave put his hands up and shook his head.

"Okay, I don't have my wallet with me now. It's in my bag. But I'll add in thirty more dollars if you tell her the truth right here," Mark said, looking straight at the trash can Bella was hiding behind.

Oh, shoot. My cover's blown. Bella thought.

"Okay."

Before she could change her mind, Bella stood up from behind the safety of her trash can. She blinked back the tears threatening to come loose and swallowed.

"Is there anything...you'd like to share with me, Jandle?"

Jave's head whipped around. For a split second, she thought he looked...guilty. But then it was gone, replaced by the hard exterior he always had.

"Yes," he said solemnly. "You're ugly as f***, simply put."

Mark stifled a laugh, while Bella rolled her eyes. She wasn't bothered by Jave's comment. It was true. She was ugly, but he didn't need to cuss to make his point.

"And?"

He looked taken aback. He probably didn't expect her to react this way.

"I'm not going to break into tears over you. All I'm going to do is realize that yesterday was a huge waste of my time."

"I've got an addition to the bet. You've gotta make her cry or you get nothing." Mark piped in.

"Easy,"

Bella raised her eyebrows, waiting. Jave looked her up and down, disgust written all over his face.

"God must hate you," he started.

She had to admit, that stung a bit. She was Christian inside out, and...

"I've seen transvestites look more feminine than you. And who picked out your clothes?" He gestured to her baggy outfit. "A blind man that hates you?"

Those weren't as bad, but that probably meant he was saving the best one for last.

"And your parents haven't told you this, but your birth certificate is a apology letter from the condom factory."

Mark choked on his cigarette, and rolled to the floor, laughing wildly. Tears stung her eyes once again, and a hot lump formed in her throat.

Everything he said was true. Why was she getting upset? Was it because her parents didn't love her? Was it because she could never be good enough? Was it because she was always cast in the shadow of her sister?

"It's a good thing you ride your bike to school, because if your mom dropped you off, she'd get a fine for littering." Jave smirked triumphantly as he saw her glasses fog up.

Bella swiftly took off her glasses, clearing them with her t-shirt. Her bright green eyes met his baby blue and he stepped back in shock. Her eyes were...beautiful. She wasn't crying.

"Y'know," Bella said, examining the glasses. "I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and crap out a better insult than what you just said." She shrugged indifferently.

The two boys looked at her in shock, and Mark burst out laughing.

"I think you owe me thirty dollars, Jave."

A/N: Whooaaaaah!!! I personally love this chapter, but I didn't come up with these insults. I cannot insult a person. I simply cannot, so I had a little help from the Internet. I put the disclaimer and link below. I had so much fun looking at these insults and I literally pissed myself laughing. So vote, comment and share. Tell me what you guys think!!!!

Disclaimer: don't sue me, I didn't come up with these insults.

http://www.thetoptens.com/best-insults/

http://www.itchyflight.com/mean-insults-and-comebacks-good.html

Lots of Luve,
Rosetta 😂