Joshua Jensen

"What are you doing now? I mean, the last time I saw you, you were just finishing up mastering playing piano," Josh laughed, the sound shattering the silence of the night. The two had stayed out the entire night, catching up and talking. Piper had left shortly after Jave disappeared, but Bella could really care less.

Josh was back.

Bella laughed too. It sure was a long time since she's seen him. She'd missed him to say at the very least. They had met at about 5 years old.

All throughout Kindergarten, she had been the loner. The prodigy that the teachers adored, but she was still ugly. Until Josh came along. He had complimented her unusual green eyes, and almost immediately they had become friends. The two were inseparable, especially when Josh moved to the house next to hers.

Then, one day in fifth grade, everything fell apart. Bella had gone over to his house at 3:00 to play, just like usual, and he was there, sitting on the hammock just like usual, but something was off. He didn't turn around to greet her when he heard her footsteps bounding towards him. He didn't giggle playfully when she came up and sat down next to him.

He just stared at her. Then it began.

Tears streamed down his face. His words became a blubbering mess. Bella couldn't understand. Josh had never cried in the entire 6 years that they knew each other. He had always said men had to be tough.

So Bella had hesitantly wrapped her hands around him, attempting to help cease the sobs racking through his body.

When he had finally calmed down, he spoke. She had been expecting something bad, but nothing near the terrible news he gave her.

"I-I'm moving," he stuttered. "My mom and dad are divorcing. Mom said that she can't live here anymore. That she can't live anywhere near Dad. And then Dad said 'then you can just leave,' and she said she will. And she's taking me with her. Back to Texas. And I don't know what to do, Belle, I don't wanna leave and--"

He sighed.

Bella didn't know what to say. She didn't want to leave her friend, but at the same time she knew it was the right thing. His parents had been unhappy ever since she knew them, and they were finally getting divorced. His father was always yelling, but his mom loved him. He had to stay with her. But she couldn't imagine her life without him. How would she get by?

"There's nothing we can do about it. Just...go. We'll definitely meet each other later, when you have a cell phone and enough money to fly back here," she smiled reassuringly, and he draped an arm across her shoulders.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"But when we grow older, how will I know it's you? We'll both be all grown up. Will you ever forget me?"

"Of course not!"

"Prove it."

Bella smiled in response and unclasped the chain necklace she got from him on her birthday from around her neck. On it were two charms, a pink sock and a blue sock. She gripped the ends tightly, and yanked. The necklace broke apart, and on one side was the blue sock and on the other was the pink one.

"Remember me, and never forget. Keep this sock for the rest of your life. Don't lose it, and I'll find you someday," she had said and hugged him once again.

That was her last memory of him.

The next day, he left. Josh hadn't come to school that day, and when she got home, no one was next door. He left without saying goodbye.

Bella didn't cry, though. She just blocked herself from the rest of the world. She kept replaying their last conversation, and her hug to him.

For the next 7 years, she wouldn't touch or hug anyone. She was weary of physical contact because the last time the touched someone, he was ripped from her life.

But now he was back.

"By the way, who was that guy with you? The blonde one?" He spoke with a little something in his voice...she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Bella snorted with disgust, irritated at the thought of Jave.

"That was Jave Jandle, my makeshift boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" He asked. That hint of...whatever it was in his voice grew stronger.

"Yeah. Mom's been on my back forever about not having a boyfriend, and so I kind of just got Jave to be my boyfriend."

She decided not to tell Josh about the plan for revenge. He might change his opinion about her after hearing it, and she didn't want to lose him again.

In fact, Josh had been her first crush. Spending that much time with him...it was bound to happen.

"But why him?" He asked. "No offense, but he seems like a douche."

"Oh, he is," she laughed. "But he was the best guy for the job. He's got great acting skills."

"If you didn't have to, would you still use him?"

"As if!" Bella snorted at the ridiculous thought. "I loathe him."

"Then how about me?"

"What?" What?

"Can't I be your boyfriend? I mean your Mom already knows me and she loves me! You don't need that guy."

Bella was taken aback.

How could she say no?

But how could she say yes?

A/N: Yooooooo peoples! Yes, I updated. YAY MEEE!!

Anyway, Josh and Bella's past? I know they're like really close and stuff, and it's really cheesy.

Comment if you now ship JoshXBelle.

Comment if you still ship JaveXBella!

Vote if you liked their past.

Share if you like the story!

Thx a bunch!

Lots of Luve,
Rosetta🤔