Jave's New Girlfriend

What was she going to do? Josh was basically asking her out. Did she still have feelings for him?

Maybe...

Upon his arrival, a flood of memories came rushing back to her and made her heart pound. Maybe she still had a crush on him.

This would be the best chance she got with someone that was actually decent. Someone she would have no problem falling in love with.

Suddenly, revenge on Jave seemed stupid. What would she get out of it? Satisfaction?

But she wasn't sure if she was ready to date anyone yet. Plus, she wasn't sure if Josh was asking her just out of kindness. Maybe he didn't actually like her, and because he was such a great friend, he didn't want her to put up with Jave anymore.That was a huge possibility.

After a few more seconds of intense pondering, Bella reached her decision.

"Okay, but only fake, right?" She asked him with a pointed look. If they went on fake dates, she could tell if she actually liked him, and if she didn't, no one would get hurt.

Josh's hopeful smile faltered a bit, but it was so quick she wasn't sure if she had just imagined it.

"Yeah. Just so Carla's gonna get off your back."

.oOo.

Bella checked her watch.

4:02am

What was taking him so long? She'd been waiting for five minutes!

Her inner rant was interrupted by a tap on her shoulder.

"I knew you would get tired of that 'Josh' guy and come running back to me," Jave said with an arrogant smile.

Bella snorted as he sat down on the park bench next to her. "Quite the opposite, actually. And you took so long."

Jave stared at her in disbelief. "You called me at three in the morning! I was two minutes late."

"Yeah."

"Anyway, so what do you want?" Then his face brightened. "Oh, never mind, I already know. I knew you couldn't push me away for that long," he said with a suggestive smirk and draped an arm across her shoulder. He leaned over and blew hot air into her ear, and she shuddered with anticipation.

Finally snapping back to reality, Bella pushed him away.

"No! You pervert! God!" She sighed. "But I did want to talk about something."

Jave sensed the seriousness in her voice and sobered immediately.

"I don't need you anymore." She stated simply, looking him directly in the eye.

"Huh?"

"I mean you don't need to be my fake boyfriend anymore."

"What? Why!"

"My mom has known Josh since he was five, and had actually encouraged us to get together ever since fourth grade. She'll have a better time accepting him."

"B-but...you were blackmailing me! How will I know that you won't release it?"

Bella sighed and took out her phone. She punched in a few numbers and gave it to him. "Go ahead. You can delete it."