Return of the Century

New Orleans, Present Day.

Something was coming I could feel it

A smirk spread across my lips as I sipped on my glass of whiskey, staring into the flames that burned in my fireplace.

What it was I didn't know, but knew it would be big. Overnight the energy in New Orleans had shifted dramatically and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to find out what had caused this dramatic effect.

This shift in energy had been enough to keep me away all night and into the early hours of the morning.

I put my glass down on the coffee table when I heard my front gate creek, I sighed knowing there was only one person would dare disturb me at this ungodly hour. I huffed getting up from my very comfortable position on my grey velvet sofa to answer the front door.

I opened my front door before he even knocked, only to be greeted with the poster child for anguish. Gone was his usual cocky arrogance and beaming smile, it instead had been replaced with frown lines and a touch of paranoia, how intriguing.

"Well, well what do we have here? The King of New Orleans knocking at my door at four-am this better be good Marcellus" I said keeping my face neutral.

"Can I come in?" Marcel asked already making his way through my front door and into my parlour.

"Sure, make your-self at home" I sarcastically replied as I shut the door behind him, I followed Marcel into my living area making a b-line to the liquor cabinet, pouring myself a fresh glass of whiskey and another for Marcel.

"Here looks like you need it" I told him handing him the extra glass, as I started to sip mine.

"Thanks" he replied chugging down the amber liquid, before helping himself to more, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Congratulations Marcellus you've peaked my interest. Now tell me what's so important, that you had to disturb my peace so early in the morning" I questioned looking at my grandfather clock which read four-ten-am.

"There're back" he whispered.

"I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific Marcel, who's back?" I sighed sitting down.

"Klaus .... And Elijah" he stated looking straight at me.

My undead heart stopped.

"I'm sure Rebekah isn't far behind" he continued.

My cool, uncaring façade broke his face coming to the forefront of my mind, my heart ached just hearing his name, a name which hadn't been said aloud in decades, not in my presence anyway.

"Giselle, you okay?" Marcel questioned making remember I wasn't alone in my home and just like a light switch my signature unemotional, uncaring expression retuned.