Past, Present and Future

New Orleans 1821

Saturday

I awoke with a groan my head was pounding, it felt like someone had hit me over the head with a bat. I looked around the room in a panic not knowing where the hell I was, I pulled the blankets from my nightgown clad body as everything came rushing back, I moan in frustration cursing my stupid curse for ruining one of my last nights with Elijah. 

After hours tangled between my expensive sheets I became hungry and reminded Elijah that I was human and needed to eat, so I went down stairs to grab something. When I reached the kitchen my black palm started to tingle and I became extremely dizzy the next thing I knew I was waking up in Elijah bed in the Mikaelson home.

Turns out I had blacked out and hit my head badly when I fell, Elijah had kindly fed me his blood to heal the nasty cut on the back of my scull, although his blood didn't help my horrible migraine and the sick feeling in my stomach, no doubt it was due to my curse acting up. 

I had tried and failed to convince Elijah I was fine but it was a losing battle, I was literally a dead woman walking. All Elijah asked was that I spend the remainder of my time where he could keep an eye on me; he didn't want me dying alone so I begrudgingly agreed to stay in his family home with him, only now he wasn't here.

I sighed carefully getting out of bed and dressing myself so I could search for the man I could now freely admit I loved, I mean what was the point in bottling up my emotions when I wouldn't be alive much longer.

I walked through the compound coming up empty at every room that is until I got to the parlour and was greeted by Rebekah and Klaus.

"Giselle you're awake, should you be up? How are you feeling? Elijah told you to rest, can I get you anything?" Rebekah rambled standing up from her chair, with a worried expression.

"Relax I'm not dying Rebekah, oh wait I am" I smirked, chuckling at my own dark humour, Klaus joining in as he looked at his sisters uncomfortable expression.

"If you want to be useful pour me a large whiskey" I sighed, slumping down into one of the cushy chairs.

"Where is Elijah?" I asked only to be met with silence; I looked between the two siblings as they looked at one another with awkward expressions.

"Let me guess he's off looking for a non-existent cure" I chuckled, sipping the drink Rebekah handed me.

"He loves you Giselle" Rebekah replied.

"I know that's why I'd rather him spend my last remaining hours with me, than off looking for something that doesn't exist" I replied.

"How ... how did it happen, why was this curse put on you" she asked after a moment of silence.