Chapter 10 (Scott)

"You're walking slower than a tortoise right now."

"Bite me."

"Where and how hard?"

"You are literally the worst."

Scott watched as Mitch slowly hobbled over to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee. While his head and arm had healed almost perfectly, his leg was still sore. He didn't need his crutches anymore, but he still had a bit of trouble walking straight and also ascending and descending stairs. Scott stood up from his seat in the living room and followed him into the kitchen. He walked over to the counter and picked up a takeaway bag and handed it to Mitch. "I got you breakfast from IHOP, and an Iced grande soy latte from Starbucks." He proceeded to walk over to the refrigerator and opened it, taking out the iced beverage and handing it to the brunette as well. "Can we go bar hopping with some friends tonight?"

Mitch responded with a glare. "I hate you."

"You love me. So is that a yes or a no?"

He let out an exaggerated groan and sat down at the dining table. "Fine," he muttered, then looked down at his French toast to hide his smile when Scott started jumping up and down liked a hyperactive bunny rabbit.

"Great! I'll make plans!" He grabbed his phone off the coffee table and ran towards his room, then stopping at the doorway and turning to face Mitch when he remembered something. "By the way, I have a recording session at three and you have a doctor's appointment at five, so be ready for me to pick you up as soon as I get back from the studio and head over to the hospital so we won't be late."

"Why don't I just come with you to the studio? That way we can just go straight to the hospital." And I can listen to your gorgeous voice again, Mitch thought to himself. He had really become obsessed with the baritone's vocal skills over the past two months they had been living together, and he loved helping Scott with his song writing sessions. He was always bubbling with ideas and creativity for such a clumsy and awkward person, and that's what Mitch liked most about Scott. Well, that and the fact that he was also stunningly gorgeous, an absolute sweetheart and could riff like nobody's business.

"Good idea. It would be really helpful if you could give us some ideas and opinions on the new song. I'm gonna go get showered, you should start getting ready too. You literally take forever!" He ducked into his room just in time to avoid the sofa pillow that came flying his way.

Mitch silently ate his breakfast, savoring each bite. He soon heard the shower turn on, followed by the the lyrics of Cheerleader carried by Scott's mellifluous voice. Being a vocal coach, Mitch had come across quite a few really talented singers, but none of them stood a chance against his roommate. His voice was almost orgasmic!

As much as Mitch didn't want to admit it, he couldn't help but feel like he was beginning to fall for the tall blonde. He was still getting over his most recent, disastrous breakup, and felt that he wasn't really ready for another relationship quite yet, but spending every day with such a handsome, sweet and caring man wasn't exactly much of a help.

It was surprising how they had become so attached at the hips in such a short time together, almost as if they had been best friends for years. Scott had been so good to him; helping him sneak into his old apartment to get his belongings (and trashing the place in the process), taking him to his hospital appointments ever since he was discharged, and helping him with his physiotherapy. Mitch knew he couldn't act on his feelings just yet, especially not knowing if Scott felt the same way about him. He needed this friendship, needed someone to support him while he got better. If it weren't for Scott, god forbid he would have to start living on the streets again.