4 - Casual

***CLARIFICATION: CAMILA AND HUSBAND ARE MARRIED 7 YEARS AND I WROTE 5. I ALREADY MADE CORRECTIONS. SORRY. :P

It was a familiar set up, one that could very well be considered déjà vu but it was still critical.

Lauren waited with baited breath; throat suddenly blocked as the professor approached her table leisurely. Somehow, she had forgotten how to simply sag her arms in a casual way that wouldn't expose how tensed she felt. It took great strength to lock eyes and shape her lips into a "professional" smile as her resolve was shattering before her eyes. It was another challenge to keep her line of sight within the area around those seemingly exhausted olive features and not descend to the swell on her chest and the curve of her hips.

It would have been easier to allow her jaw to plunge to depths that convey her astonishment, but that was definitely unprofessional.

The professor had a problem of her own. She was walking towards the alluring hands of a trance just by the sight of those damn red lips. Of all the things that an amnesia could steal from Camila, it could not steal the memory of those luscious full lips that looked too delectable in that shade. She loved the natural pink tint, too. And Camila loved the taste of Lauren's mouth; she was craving it.

Lauren's ivory skin was the perfect contrast to accentuate her striking facial features that she could very well use to her advantage even without her knowing. Those green eyes alone were mesmerizing and extremely hypnotizing that Camila might as well float towards her.

Yup, Camila was softening up like pasta immersed in all of Lauren Jauregui-Tremaine. It may have been due to the temperature rising in the four walls of that counselor's office that agitated their skins, engulfed in abnormal warmth as tension was thick albeit the casual aura of their previous encounter.

It was supposed to be easy. Camila was supposed to keep her ex-girlfriend at arm's length and treat her just as she does with her colleagues. It just wasn't fair. She had had more than three weeks of shoving the thought green-eyed brunette back to the depths of her memories, where she was harmless and simply a part of her past.

Suddenly, she felt a rush - the kind that assured her she was still alive and that her heart was still beating - wildly, at that. It was as if the rusty hinges, bolts and screws of time had been reignited, picking up from the time before she decided to vanish.

The rush she felt was familiar; it was the same one she felt, living a life with Lauren.

Camila was dangerously close to being inhabited by her raw desires, ones that her consciousness could never jolt her away from. She was faced with a dilemma. Camila wanted to look away; no, she needed to look away, but she needed Lauren to do it first. Otherwise, she would feel weak and Camila never wanted to feel frail and pathetic; especially, not before her ex-girlfriend.

It was either surrendering to voracious hanker or accepting defeat.

The professor was losing either way. But then, a commotion in her front pocket ensued. Her phone was rattling to life, frantically ringing to signal a call coming through. Camila could not be more grateful for the intruder, who was her saving grace.

With a deep sigh of relief, she fished the device out and checked the name on display.

"I...I-I'm sorry. I have to take this." Camila apologetically muttered, not necessarily as remorseful as her feigned frown conveyed.

Lauren expectedly allowed the request, extending her arm towards the conjoined room to offer the professor some privacy which was appreciated immensely. With a nod, Camila ambled towards the specific space swiping her phone in the process. Lauren took that as a cue to descend back down - actually, crashing back down to her seat, finding herself puffing air out, welcoming the open air supplying oxygen for her lungs to consume.