13 - Team

While most people avert confrontations, Dinah Jane had no problem with them.

She is phenomenal at dealing with conflict and if she failed, her hands can take care of them.

There were so many things Dinah could gain from the whole ordeal, and the most important would be settling an issue. And right now, her problem revolved around a frightened, Luca Clausnitzer that she could not wait to tear down bit by bit.

She was willing to pick at each strand of his perfectly polished hair just to get to his core, and obtain honest answers that would quell her increasingly unbearable curiosity.

Dinah leisurely sauntered over to join the man, making sure that her sock clad feet caused a tremor on the earth he was perched on. And it wasn't that challenging. Luca had already been quite perturbed, anxious, petrified that if Dinah's ominous steps were to have a click instead of a thud, he would have been pathetically strewn over the kitchen island, unconscious.

Dinah may be a tad bit more intimidating that Camila and whatever he was doing was long forgotten.

"Dinah," Luca swallowed, unsure if his voice was audible after only hearing a stifled version of it, buried beneath the heavy beating of his hear. "Please just listen to me first."

He raised his quivering hands in surrender; successfully preventing himself from using his arms and hands to cover himself. Or he could cower away and bolt out of there, and avoid Dinah altogether.

Luca owned the house. He knew it well, and far better than Dinah. He'd find a hiding spot in no time.

But that wouldn't make her trust him.

Besides, he'd practically be throwing sawdust into the fire. It may momentarily strangle the flame into nothing but a dying ember but the smoke that would ascend from it is an advent of a blaze that will slowly and surely devour everything, and leave dark ashes in its wake.

And Dinah's fire was persistent and valiant.

With every skin, bone, blood and atoms in his body telling him to take cover, Luca stubbornly remained in his seat panting like a dog. He might as well just stick his tongue out. He did set his hands onto the edges of the counter, holding onto it to withstand the flurry coming his way.

"I need you to know that whatever it is you really want to know about are secrets that I cannot tell you." He choked out hurriedly, buying time before Dinah could set her large hands around his neck. "They're not mine and I respect Cammie. I'm not willing to lose her trust."

Dinah scoffed, finally coming to a halt just a foot away from Luca. There was an agonizingly blatant vicious leer all over her features that had complete control over the man's shrinking body; his head could have been devoured by his shoulders.

And how could he talk about respect and trust after cheating on Camila?

Dinah crossed her arms in the fear that if they were hanging loose, they could land on Luca's head and she did not have the energy to prevent herself from snapping his neck.

"You do not call her that in my face – especially, Lauren's." She warned with those golden eyes, glaring at her defenseless enemy. Her upper lip curled and trembled with disgust, as her insides whirled with the vile touch of wrath. "I hate the bitch who coined that nickname and my hands are still aching for me to hit her. Do not tempt me to award you with the pain that she should have felt a long time ago."

Dinah's voice had a certain grip to it, tightening the clamp that held Luca by the neck. It dribbled with such malice and conveyed every bit of Dinah's resentment perfectly that Luca could feel it slam against his skin and ripple through his body.