14 - Quasi

Lauren Jauregui should not be allowed to go out with her silky locks down, cascading over her shoulders like a beautiful, tranquil stream. She should not go out in skirts; accentuating the curve of her wondrous behind. And she sure as hell should not go out with tight-fitting clothes that obey the smooth contours of her shapely body.

It was simply a crime that would result to a homicide due to asphyxiation of the heart – Camila's heart.

Camila was barely able to survive as her eyes finally found Lauren; undetected, of course.

The winds that brought memories of yesterday were never gentle. They were always demanding, powerful; savages that cruelly invade a village and leave blood in their wake.

They'd always hit Camila at a precise spot; mercilessly twisting and turning the abused cardiovascular organ that she wondered how it remained beating.

It was broken and the cracks had prevented Camila to extend care, to extend love to the ones that ask for them – the ones that need them. It was a little challenging to overcome darkness or to wander to another bleak realm in the hopes of pulling a person out of their own misery when she was holding onto a cliff herself. And if Camila were to assess the odds; she would already be looking for a safe way to land, which was hundreds of feet away. With her luck, her fingers might dramatically slip one by one, or the piece that kept her in place might just chip off, leading to her demise.

"Lauren!" Milo suddenly exclaimed, luring Camila out of her thoughts.

The ecstatic sandy-haired woman's arms suddenly flew up in the air and found a home around Lauren's shoulders. Milo yanked the unsuspecting psychologist and hugged her with all her might, grinning contently Lauren didn't have time to react, only able to release a groan from the forceful impact.

"You're more beautiful than I remember." Milo rubbed the side of her head against Lauren's, purring like a kitten; eyes concealed as she savored the moment in her drunken state.

Lauren couldn't help but chuckle, tapping Milo's arm, which was draped over her chest – graciously landing on her breasts. Milo wasn't bound to remember how she had unintentionally slithered to second base but Camila will.

However, if her serene features were to say anything, it meant how genuinely happy Milo was in Lauren's shoulder.

She wasn't technically in her arms.

The comfortable ambience surrounding the pub was slowly being devoured by Camila's harrowing wrath. If she could summon fire, the blaze would have slowly crawled from the timber floor up to the walls; but not without incinerating Milo Otto – as if burning her at the stake.

Camila would callously watch as the witch...as her ex-girlfriend would writhe and scream in agony while her brown eyes would inspect Milo's skin boil into a scalding blister.

Needless to say, she was jealous.

Everything seemed to have irritated Camila that even the gentle sound of the country ballad infuriated her. Each strum of the strings of the banjo, the strikes on the cajon and the smooth voice of the singer rippled in her ear, shuddering every fiber of her being, pushing her to the depths of her rage.

It surely didn't help that her ears rung with the various disrespectful slew of voices that should have been directed towards the band. Milo's attention should have been towards the band and not at Lauren. And yet, even in her rage, Camila knew that the live music was intended to be nothing but a background soundtrack to a night of fun – a night for all of them to unwind.

And instead, Camila was wound – tight and her hands were definitely paling at the force that kept them from landing on Milo's face or reaching for her cigarettes. Something about blatantly smoking in front of Lauren caused Camila such shame, and she'd rather keep it her dirty little secret even if evidence would suggest she was guilty all along.