24 - Coward

***I am apologizing for this super late update. I got carried away with the need to prevent headaches and the drama is a ton of bs and well, I didn't think anyone would care about my stories really. Although, I wanted to update today because my dear friend, grandma wise child (SLOTHTATO) and I made an amazing discovery. WE SHARE BIRTHDAYS!!!!! Woohoo!! Happy Birthday again, my friend!!!!
PS: I despise the way I wrote this. Forgive the inadequacy. 

Going out was a bad idea.

Camila had that odd feeling at the pit of her stomach since Dinah brought it up earlier that day. She wished that it was guilt after being forced to keep Milo away from the gathering knowing that Matilda wasn't her greatest fan. Camila had every intention of apologizing yet again when they were set to meet during dinner.

But when Milo didn't appear bothered at all, it was still there.

So, Camila hoped that it was merely her trepidation over the conversation she shamelessly indulged in with Lauren during her foster son's party for all to see. And as she went over Lauren's excruciatingly beautiful smile, her melodious laughter, Camila began to curse herself for being so careless.

Dinah would have noticed how her brown eyes sparkled like sand against the sun, and Luca would have felt incomparable bliss emanating from her, and that would have been an elusive feeling he had always hoped to witness. She couldn't help it; Lauren was her weakness.

And Camila had no idea what to tell them should they confront her about it.

It couldn't have been the bar they were in seeing as Knickerbocker Saloon, the oldest bar in Indiana and Dinah's greatest discovery was perfect for a night out with friends. It wasn't one of those hole in the wall bars or raucous night clubs but to some, educators were supposed to be role models and at some point, saints. And then there was the fact that she was married to a Clausnitzer and as far as Matilda and most every one of them was concerned, they had to behave a certain way.

Although to Camila, there was nothing wrong with going out and having a drink or two every now and then.

She did not intend on dancing on tables and taking her clothes off for a rowdy crowd despite the volume of alcohol she had ingested. She was merely going to have fun just as she did when Dinah brought her to the brewery with Lauren and she was hopeful it would end the same way. Clothes didn't have to be shed; she just wanted to be in the arms of the woman she loved. And maybe then, she'd stop worrying.

But something was going to go wrong, Camila was almost sure.

She wished the unreasonable trepidation was only because of her headache, her sore sinuses and her lungs attempting to restore itself amidst her hankering for nicotine. The devastating effects of withdrawal hadn't even neared its peak yet, and already, Camila was miserable. Staying still had never been as difficult and it had barely been two days and the slightest temptation would have drawn her in without much of a fight.

Perhaps it was because Lauren was still yet to show and Dinah managed to interject that little detail whenever she deemed fit, which was frequently.

In the past half hour, Camila's gaze flitted around the room adorned with musical instruments and famed portraits of well-known musicians on its white walls amidst the black furniture and flooring, anticipating Lauren Jauregui to walk in. She and her four companions were already crammed in one of the half circle booths, all enjoying their first round of drinks over a rather intense conversation about Elf's birthday party amidst Milo's questions.

Apparently, discussing the dinosaur-themed celebration over dinner wasn't enough. It was only after Milo excused herself to grab some more drinks that the subject evaporated, much to Dinah's delight.