02

At first being at my dads house felt strange, like I was staying in some strangers house and I shouldn't touch anything without permission or eat the food without asking. But soon enough, we both became comfortable with each other, and I felt like it was my house too.

I stayed there for about a week before I had to start going to school. On my first day I had to go to the office to pick up my schedule. When I walked in, the lady told me to take a seat and she would be right with me. I waited for a few minutes while the blonde haired woman talked to a few other students, and then finally called me over to talk to her.

"Ms. Miller, the guidance counselor would like to talk to you, she has your schedule and everything so you can just go to class straight from her office. If you go through that door, and down the hall, the second door on the left is hers." I nodded and told her thank you before walking out the door.

When I got to Ms. Miller's office, I knocked on the door and immediately someone from inside said "Come on in!" In an almost too enthusiastic voice. I opened the door to see a very happy looking woman with brown curls similar to mine, but longer. Her office looked pretty normal, other than the fact that instead of pictures of family members sitting on her desk she had pictures of cats.

"Hello! You must be Harry. My name is Ms. Miller, but I'd assume Brenda in the office already told you that." I nodded. "Okay so, I just wanted to talk to you about your classes. Now, all of your teachers have been notified that you go by Harry, and they all have agreed to call you that. The only problem we had was with gym class. You have to participate in at least one physical education class a week, and you will be able to be in the boys class, however you will have to change in the bathroom next to the locker room instead of with the other boys." This wasn't really a surprise to me, I was expecting some issues.

"Okay that's fine I guess..as long as I'm allowed to use the boys bathroom- I am allowed to use the boys bathroom, right?"

"Yes, as long as we don't have any problems that are a risk to your safety, you will be allowed to use the boys bathrooms."