Chapter 8, Gryffindor versus Slytherin

November 9th, Quidditch Match, Gryffindor versus Slytherin

Gryffindor (HARRY POTTER'S POV)

Rumour has it that Percy Jackson of Shitty Slytherin is in the Slytherin Quidditch team. To be frank, I pity him. Slytherin has been losing and I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they have lost.

Gryffindors rule. (I'm cringing as i type this, Gryffindors SO do not rule)

Our Chasers were Ginny Weasley, Valerie Taylor and Eddie Collins. Our beaters were Jimmy Peakes and Ritchie Coote. Keeper was, naturally, Ron. Seeker was obviously me. Gryffindor absolutely just couldn't win without me.

SLYTHERIN (PERCY JACKSON'S POV)

REMEMBER IT'S PERCY'S POV ↑↑↑↑

Training has been intense these past few weeks.

Draco had Quidditch practises everyday for at least 2 hours, and it was driving me nuts. Fans out there, don't bother asking if it was driving me berries. You know what my answer is.

But hang on. I like blueberries...

because they're blue. Anyone who doesn't like blue must either be an idiot or a monster.

BLUE COOKIES!!!

sorry, getting distracted.

So in a few hours time we're going to be walking onto the pitch to play against Gryffindor.

Its strange, because I'm supposed to feel nervous, but I don't feel a thing.

Because I know, we can win this......

Or well, at least I hope.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madam Hooch was refereeing. She stood in the middle of the pitch, waiting for the two teams, her broom in her hand.

Once everyone had arrived, Madam Hooch told everyone to mount their brooms. She gave a loud blast on her silver whistle. Fifteen brooms rose up, high into the air.

And then they were off.

"The Quaffle is immediately taken by Percy Jackson of Slytherin, who passes it to Daniel Smith, and passes it back to Percy Jackson; the Quaffle is going to go i-, no, a spectacular save from Ron Weasley, keeper of Gryffindor. Gryffindor gains the Quaffle, Aaron Martinez shoots a Bludger at Ginny Weasley, now holding the Quaffle, oh no, Ginny Weasley drops it...." Slytherins cheered as I caught the Quaffle and threw it to Lynn. Some Year 5 from Gryffindor was doing the commenting.

"Quaffle in possession of Lynn Anderson, Slytherin. Jimmy Peakes shoots a Bludger at her, Lynn dodges,-goal post is just a bit ahead, come on Lynn- Ron Weasley looks like a weasel with that constipated face, he dives-misses- SLYTHERIN SCORE!" Lynn pumped her fist into the air as Slytherins cheered, but Gryffindors booed. What would you expect of Gryffindor?

"Quaffle in possession of Ginny Weasley, Gryffindor. Chaser Percy Jackson from Slytherin flying to get the Quaffle from Ginny Weasley, she passes it to Chaser Eddie Collins, Chaser Percy Jackson intercepts it, he's speeding towards the goalposts, but he's blocked by a Bludger, another Bludger goes at him, WHERE ARE THE BLOODY SLYTHERIN BEATERS?!"

The commenter from Gryffindor seemed to be on Slytherin's side instead of Gryffindor's.

"Chaser Percy Jackson, Slytherin, passes it to his fellow Chaser, Lynn Anderson, she's close to the goalposts, she squints one eye, -com'on Lynn-it's going to go in- Keeper Ron Weasley is sweating like a pig, dives, GRYFFINDOR KEEPER RON WEASLEY SAVES!"

Gryffindor cheers filled the cold air, with howls and moans from the Slytherin.

The match continued for five minutes, with Slytherin and Gryffindor scoring some goals. Gryffindor was leading by 10 points.

"Chaser Lynn Anderson has dropped the Quaffle, Chaser Ginny Weasley catches it, com'on Martinez, send a Bludger at her-just kidding Professor- Chaser Ginny Weasley is heading for the goalpost-Keeper Niall Montegomery blocks-difficult to catch, very difficult-Ginny Weasley scor-I DON'T BELIEVE IT! HE SAVED IT!" Cheers from the Slytherin side filled the anxious silence, each rooting for its own house.

"Keeper Niall Montegomery passes the Quaffle to Chaser Percy Jackson, who catches it with no trouble-of course- Chaser Percy Jackson is racing towards the goalposts-Percy will you be my boyfriend? -Sorry Professor got distracted won't happen again-oh gosh Percy I love you!" Professor McGonagall snatched the microphone from the girl and yelled at her about behaviour of Gryffindors. After a while, she handed it back to the girl with a severe look on her face.

"Chaser Percy Jackson scores! The score is one all! But hang on, has Seeker Draco Malfoy seen the snitch?" The tense air was suddenly filled with shouts and screams from Slytherins yelling for Draco to catch it.

Harry had also seen the snitch and was racing with Draco for it. They were neck-to-neck, each determined to get the snitch.

And then a hand closed around the snitch......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lmao yes I know for fans of this book, this was supposed to be in chapter 6, Quidditch Tryouts, but I realised after Quidditch Tryouts, It's Halloween first then the match. So sorry for those who already read this chapter before...:(

Anyways yes I know my writing sucks don't judge. don't like it, don't read it.

it's unedited, so feel free to correct my errors. :))

OKAY EDIT on 24/10/18
hey guys, i know some of yall are mad and salty that i made an uncalled for A/N about Gryffindor earlier. it's been like, 2-3 years since i wrote that chapter and as of course, we mature with age. the comment i made was uncalled for and very immature. idk if most of my readers now are of my age when i wrote this. a lot of you guys are supporting my A/N in the comments. sorry, but thinking back, i was wrong to say that. equality among all the four houses in Hogwarts should be prevalent and my immature 11-year-old self neglected that fact. i really do regret my comment but i'm going to leave it there because i want to leave my younger works alone and when i re-read it, i want to reflect upon myself and see how much i've grown. if you guys think my comment was okay, then cool, but maybe in a few years' time you'll come to realise how uncalled it was. you guys are entitled to your opnions, and if you agree with my younger self's ideals and thoughts, that's okay. just don't take that into the real world.

so, to all of you guys that i unknowingly insulted, i apologise for my comment. i have grown as a person and as i have already grown out of the Harry Potter world (sorry guys), i left my immaturity there as well. i do not carry this idea around with me anymore and definitely, not with me in the real world where racism is concerned. i may be thinking too far ahead but certain ideals sprung from young can carry on even in adulthood. so please, guys, if you really thought my comment was okay and supported it, reflect on yourself. you may not really believe in it and simply said what you thought you should say as a member of the Slytherin House, or something. that's cool. but if you genuinely mean it, reflect on it for awhile. if you really meant it, leave it, move on from it and learn from it. don't bring it into the real world where racism, homosexuality and skin colour is taken much, much more seriously than a Harry Potter fanfiction. if you still think it's an okay comment... then you have a lot of growing up to do before you expect to fit into this society. perhaps you may be prejudiced against Gryffindors after a shitty encounter with numerous of them with shitty personalities whatsoever, but one apple DOES NOT make the whole tree bad. it was my mistake to judge the whole Gryffindor house based on the few bad run-ins i had with other Gryffindors. i have grown to be more accepting and understanding ever since then. there are amazing Gryffindors out there with brilliant personalities. experience taught me that.

i don't want to pretend to be philosophical and stuff, but this is me, 14-year-old me, reflecting on my younger self. i have a lot more room for growth and improvement as a person but i believe, i'm on the right track :)

if some of you think i'm making a mountain out of a molehill, then you can always skip past this :) thanks!