Chapter 12, Unchangeable Mistakes

"There's always gonna be some canyon in the way.
There's always gonna be a river I cannot cross.
Somewhere along this path that's chosen me
I know I'm gonna fall down, feel lost, feel weak.
But wherever it leads...."

-Carry On, Olivia Holt

"Percy, have you turned emo like Nico?" Draco asked when Percy came back to the Slytherin Common Room with a blank, expressionless face. Percy glared at Draco. "No. I just don't feel like talking." 

"Ooh, short sentences. A sign of someone turning emo." Draco noted with a smirk playing on his lips. Percy sighed in exasperation and rolled his eyes. After a few moments of awkward, tense moments, Percy spoke. 

"Thalia is at Hogwarts right now. She had something to tell me, but-" Percy was cut off by Draco's eager tone. "Yes? Did Camp Half-Blood accept you back? Does Percico finally exist? Did she come here to ask you to marry her-" 

"Draco!" Percy said, entirely mortified. "Why am I friends with you?" 

Draco shrugged modestly. "Because of my awesomeness. Anyway, back to what Thalia wanted to say to you. What did she say?" 

Percy sighed and ran his fingers through his tousled hair. "I lost my temper before she could tell me." " I know, stupid." Percy added once he saw Draco's pissed off face. 

Draco let out a sigh. "I guess we just have to wait until the Fates decide to show us what they have in store for us." 

~

"How was the visit, Thalia? Did you tell Percy how much I love him? Will he come back? Does he still want to marry me?" Annabeth asked eagerly the moment Thalia stepped foot into the camp. Thalia ignored her. How could Percy just shun her out like he didn't even know her? After she repressed her feelings for him, she tried so hard to pretend she didn't love him.

Every touch, every kiss he shared with Annabeth stung at her heart. The first time she opened her eyes after those years being trapped as a pine tree, her heart started pounding rapidly in her chest when her electric eyes met seaweed-green eyes. She fell in love with him. 

The only reason why she'd blamed Percy for vandalizing Artemis's cabin was that earlier on that day, she had witness Percy kiss Annabeth so passionately that made it feel like daggers were stabbed into her heart. Why couldn't Percy just love her back? The fates were cruel.

In a fit of anger, blaming Percy for vandalizing Artemis's cabin wasn't the only thing she blamed him for. Thalia blamed him for being unable to love her back. 

Eyes stinging, Thalia brushed past Annabeth and strolled to Zeus's cabin instead of Artemis's, not wanting her hunters to see her when she was weak. Maybe love doesn't make you weaker. It made you stronger and taught you not to hand your heart to just anybody.

And Thalia learnt that the hard way.

~

"Dear Percy..." Ron and Harry clutched at the letter Harry had rescued from the Slytherin Common Room, both on the edge of their seats. 

They both quickly scanned through the letter, devouring the information eagerly. 

"Blimey, mate..." Ron trailed off after they had finished the letter. "Yeah, I know." Harry grimaced. None of the things in the letter made sense. Who were Gaea, Kronos, or Zeus? What was Camp Half-Blood? Most of all, who was the person who had sent the letter to Percy- someone called Athena...?

~

A certain wisdom goddess was waiting in the Slytherin Common Room, flanked by two Slytherin pupils. One with tousled, black hair, the other with white blond hair. 

"What do you want, Athena?" the boy with tousled, black hair asked the woman in a monotone voice, wanting this conversation to be over and done with.

The woman sighed. "Perseus, don't get too ahead of yourself. I came here to apologise for Annabeth's actions. She was confused, and she wants you to-" 

"She wants me to do something for her? Who does she think she is, demanding something from me?" the boy asked harshly.

The pupil with white blond hair who had a prefect tie on put a hand of the other boy's shoulder. "Percy, calm down." he warned, shooting the boy, Percy, a deterrent look.

The woman's nostrils flared. "You shall not speak to me that way, Perseus. Do not forget that I am still a goddess, and I can destroy you with a flick of my hand." 

Percy tilted his head up defiantly at the woman. "Then why don't you?" he challenged. 

The woman's shoulders slumped and she seemed to deflate slightly. "I would, Perseus. Believe me, I would. But the fates have something big planned for you, and I do not wish to end up like Apollo."

"So you have time to worry about your daughter's love issues, but you don't have time to worry about the Camp? Gaea, Kronos and all the other titans and giants are rising, but you still have time to visit your daughter's ex-boyfriend?" Percy's voice rose, echoing around the common room. Athena flinched slightly.

"Perseus, I am a goddess! I deserve the respect-" she began.

"Look, Athena." Percy spat out. "You lost the respect you deserved when you decided to cast me out." 

Athena took a deep breath. "Percy Jackson..." she trailed off. "The world needs a hero right now. Are you going to let the world crumble to dust, or are you going to save it?"

Percy shifted his gaze from Athena to the Common Room's flickering fire. "Right now, Athena, the prior sounds more alluring." 

Athena kept quiet. How was she to reply to something like that? It was then did she realise the Gods of Olympus had killed the hero in Perseus Jackson, and she could not even recognise the monster that took his place.

 His fatal flaw was no more.

It was not even a fatal flaw anymore. Percy Jackson had no fatal flaw- and one day, Athena thought with a shiver, Percy would have enough power- more power than anybody in the world could ever possess- to destroy the universe and its inhabitants. 

Hiya everyone! I'm so sorry for making you guys wait for this update. I've been really busy with school work, especially since I've just taken my Grade 8 Piano and it's going to be my PSLE soon. The next update is going to be after my PSLE (I'm so sorry!) which ends around the first week of October. ;( 

Please continue supporting this book!! Ilysm guys!! <3 

Dedication to missmysterious56 and DemigodInTraining . 

Pls vote!! Thanks for the 10+k reads. This means so much to me.