Chapter 7, Halloween Feast & Hogsmead

Finally, it was October 31st. Percy looked around him, realising that he had been here almost for a month, and it was more like home than Camp Half Blood.

Hogsmead forms had been passed around and Snape said that he was a special case, and he didn't need a form.

Percy was about to inquire why but Draco hissed into his ear to leave it as it is.

After the Halloween feast, they would head over to Hogsmead to celebrate the spooky festival. Percy had never celebrated Halloween before, so he was literally bouncing from foot to foot in excitement. Potty, (Harry) it seems, was in a good mood too. Much to everyone's bewilderment, he greeted Snape the three times Potty saw him, and offered to carry his books. Shocked, Snape dropped a bottle of ink on Ron's head, much to Ron's displeasure.

Finally, the Halloween Feast was here. Students raced each other down the corridors and burst into the Great Hall. Ravenclaws, for once, didn't bring their books to bury their noses in when they ate. Seriously, Percy thought to himself, how could anyone ever be as bad as Ravenclaws? Annabeth, a nasty little voice in his head said. Percy shook it away and realised that at the beginning of the term, the sorting hat wanted to put him in Ravenclaw. That pretty much shut him up about Ravenclaws.

Everyone ate heartily and exchanged stories. Percy soon forgot about the little conversation he had with himself earlier on.

After the Halloween Feast, all the third years and above raced to the doors of Hogwarts to squeeze themselves to go to Hogsmead. Even the sight of Flich couldn't spoil Percy's mood, for once. Draco spied Harry and his little squad. They were heading upstairs to the third floor and Percy suggested that they followed them, to see what the trio was up to- and preferably report them. 

They saw Harry tap the witch and mutter Dissendium. The hump on the witch opened and the trio went inside. "Wicked!" Draco whispered. 

Percy and Draco turned and looked at each other. Both had a mischievous twinkle in their eyes as they grinned. 

Percy walked over to the statue of the witch and muttered the spell he had heard Harry cast earlier. "Dissendium!"

The statue's hump opened to a narrow passage way, the duo glancing up to look at each other in shock. "So that's how Potter managed to sneak out during my third year here! Why, that stinking, scheming half-blood..." Draco muttered.

Percy turned back to face the passageway. "Are we going to follow them, or what?" 

Together, the duo climbed into the passageway and the statue moved to shut the entrance.

And then there was darkness.