Chapter 11: Friend or Foe?

It was almost 4 pm and everyone at the guild was waiting impatiently for Riku's results. Finally, Makarov said, "Riku is...alive."

   "Thank goodness!" Lucy exclaimed. Riku had just joined their guild and they wouldn't forgive themselves if they lost a fellow comrade.

    "Where is he now?" Juvia asked.

    "His body will probably take some time to heal. He will have to stay in the guild's hospital room for around 1 to 2 days." Makarov replied.

    "So in the end, we didn't get to shop. I wanted to get magic items though." Lucy frowned.

    "It's ok! We can go again when Riku recovers!" Juvia stated.

    "Yeah! I can't wait for the owner of the clothing shop to mistake Natsu for a girl again!" Gray laughed.

Surprisingly Natsu did not rebuttal. He simply left the guild with a smirk on his face.

    "Heeheehee.....Happy, let's get revenge on him." Natsu said upon leaving the guild.

    "Teeheehee.Yes! Let's prepare it quickly." Happy grinned as they walked to their house.

    "What was that all about? Hmm...whatever. I'm going to eat cake now." Erza was surprised that Natsu didn't fight with Gray, but that just meant less trouble and more caketime for her.

Erza asked Mirajane for 2 cake slices and happily ate at the guild, while Lucy and Juvia read the mission fliers posted on the wall of the guild.

Gray went into the hospital room and sat beside the bed Riku was laying down on.

    "Hey, are you doing ok?" Gray questioned.

    "Yeah. Thanks." Riku said.

    "I wanted to ask you something. I heard you say something during the fight, but I'm not sure if I heard it correctly. Did you mention 'Deliora?'" Gray asked.

    "Ye-yeah I did. If I recall, you said that too didn't you?"

    "I did. So you knew Deliora too?"

    "Yes. That demon is the reason why all the people I loved died in my village. The reason why I came here."

    "The same thing happened at my village. It was such a long time ago and yet I still freeze at the sight of a demon. But I've made myself stronger and now I refuse to feel frightened!" Gray sighed.

    "I couldn't get over it either, but now I've gathered up my courage. It seems we have a lot in common." Riku smiled.

    "After all, we are friends!" Gray grinned back.

    "Yup!"

    "You should rest for now. I'm going home. Talk to you tomorrow." Gray waved and left the room as Riku waved back.

Riku thought about being friends with Gray.

I'm glad to be friends with Gray, but as long as I love Juvia and Juvia likes Gray, Gray will stay my frenemy.