Chapter 4: New Mission

Dedicated to PeppermintMusic for helping me with my story! :D 

"No.... I shouldn't tell her or should I?" Lucy pondered about what to do. At first, she felt that it was absolutely necessary to tell Juvia what Riku thought of her. But then, Riku should be able to have his own chance. Plus, Juvia would feel awkward around him. She shouldn't tell Juvia his secret. She had to keep this secret for Riku, and for Juvia...at least for now.  

Juvia texted Lucy back:

"What? What did you hear? Something about Juvia?"

"Umm...I heard there was a 50% off sale at the magic store near my house."

"Really? That's great! Juvia guesses she will go there and just buy something random because it'll be really cheap. Hehe."

"Yup. Well then got to go eat dinner. Talk to you tomorrow!"

"Bye!"  

"I think I'll just worry about that later...Dinner... Mmm...I've been craving Ramen for the past few days but I couldn't buy it because I needed to pay my rent. But now, after getting money from that crazy Monkey mission, I can finally eat my ramen!" Lucy walked outside her apartment and took a whiff of fresh air. Lucy walked along the side of the lake in front of her apartment. She saw Natsu in one of the shops, dancing like a maniac.

"Baaaka!" Lucy shouted and smiled at him. For some reason, he always made her smile.

She went to the Ramen restaurant and after gobbling up a satisfying dinner, went to the guild. It was around 11 PM and late at night, but then again it was normal for Fairy Tail members to be at the guild until the early morning.

Upon entering, she heard the familiar grumble of the guild. It made Lucy feel warm and nice on the inside. Fairy Tail was like a second home to her.

"Ahh...home sweet home." But it was too early to be getting dazed at the pleasant feeling the guild was giving off because before she knew it, there were tables flying all over the place and Lucy almost got hit by one of them.

"HEY! WATCH IT!" Lucy got hit again and she couldn't hold in her anger. She joined in for a brief moment, and then spotted Makarov sitting on the bar counter, drinking beer.

Oh right! I can consult Makarov about my problem. Hopefully besides being a great mage, he's also a love expert.

"Hehehe. Mweeheehee. Yess....Bwahahha!" Makarov was talking to himself. Lucy walked up to the drunk Makarov, hoping he still had some senses in him to listen to what she had to say.

"Umm Makarov?"

"Oh hi Lucy! Yes? WATCHA WANT?! HAHA! WANT SOME BEER?! NO YOU CAN'T! IT'S ALL MINE!"

"Uh...actually...never mind." It looked like Makarov was getting crazier and crazier so Lucy decided to talk to him tomorrow.

"AHHH!!!"Lucy yelled. Natsu had sneaked up to her from behind and hit her butt.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU PERVERT!" Lucy kept hitting his head until she felt better.

"Gomenasai gomenasai. Teehee. Or am I actually sorry?" Natsu grinned and ran off. Seriously! That guy. He can be so annoying sometimes.

"Lucy he's not sorry! Don't listen to him!" Happy chimed in.

"Lucy!" Juvia waved at Lucy.

"Juvia!" Lucy waved back and remembered what Riku said at the magic shop. Better to just keep quiet about that for now.

"Where have you been? I've been calling you so many times but you never picked up."

"Sorry my phone was on silent mode and I was eating Ramen."

"Yum. Ramen. Juvia wants to eat Ramen too." Juvia's mouth started watering.

Riku was sipping on some juice at the bar and overheard their conversation, since they were talking nearby.

"Ooo...I want to eat Ramen too.....with Juvia." Riku blurted out and Lucy and Juvia turned around.

"Wait what? Did you just say Juvia's name? Juvia is confused." Riku stiffened up and turned around.

"Uh I think you heard wrong. I said that I want to eat Ramen with Tea, uh, not Juvia."

Dangg Riku. You're gonna blow it. Lucy thought to herself.

"That's what I thought! Anyways, want to eat Ramen together sometime?" Lucy joined in. She could feel the tense atmosphere.  

"Sure!" Riku and Juvia said at the same time. Riku blushed.

"Hey! How about we all go on a mission?" Natsu popped up from behind Riku, causing Riku to jump.

"Woah. Where did you come from?" Juvia asked.

"Well, I was raised by Igneel the fire-breathing dragon, but hmm...I ain't sure. Cuz my real family might've lived in Fiore! Or maybe they were from somewhere else. And did they give me to a dragon? Or did Igneel just find me? Wha—"

"NO! We meant where did you come from right now!" Lucy face-palmed herself.

"Ohhhh! Lucy you should be more specific next time!"

"Juvia's the one that asked you!"

"Well you should've told me earlier that's not what she meant before I started telling you my amazing story. You know, I actually remember living in—"

"Ok. Ok. Natsu, just tell us why you decided to randomly jump in, talking about a mission." Lucy was breathing in and out, trying to keep herself from getting any angrier.

"Fine. I was in the crowd, fighting as usual. You know. And then I saw you talking to Riku so I crawled behind him and then MWAHAHA!"

"That's it? Seriously Natsu...fighting again? Oh, by the way, where's Gray? I thought he was with you" Lucy looked around for a shirtless guy, but found none.

"Gray...Oh no. Gray! I might have gotten him into some trouble." Natsu frowned.

"WHAT?!" Juvia's voice echoed throughout the guild. People stared, but when they noticed that it was just Natsu, Lucy, Juvia, and the new guy, they went back to eating as per usual.

"Natsu..please..explain...now." Lucy's breaths were strained and she subconsciously began shaking while Juvia started hyperventilating.

"Okay. I think Gray's been taken by the Wishywashy Guys. We got in trouble for hitting some guy in their gang and he threw magic-stopping metal at us so we couldn't fight back. I managed to escape but Gray kind of got frozen. By a new kind of ice... I came here and I forgot about it until you decided to ask me. Jeez Lucy. Ruining my mood."

"I'm ruining your mood? NATSU."

"Uh, yeah. I just wanted to talk, but no. I had to explain my whole day to you and you just—"

"Hey, uh.. sorry to interrupt but I think we should find Gray before it's too late." Riku managed to get in before Lucy punched Natsu.

"Okay. Okay. Where did they take him?"  

"They ran towards the forest."

"Can we go now then, Natsu, Lucy? We can't waste another second! Gray-sama's waiting for us!" Juvia waved her arms up and down.

They started to leave, but Lucy remembered Riku standing there by the side.

"Oh, hey Riku, come with us! It'll be your first mission, and who better to do it with than us?" Lucy glanced in Juvia's direction, noticing Riku look her way too.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go save Gray!" Natsu yelled.