Chapter 1: Umbrella

Drip Drip Drop. Drip Drip Drop.

Gray looked up at the sky as the rain poured down. He laughed as the rain reminded him of someone he knew. He went back inside the guild, only to have the peacefulness of the night ruined by the guild.

"You liiike him." Happy laughed.

"No I don't! STOP IT!" Lucy yelled angrily.

She got up from her chair, and her elbow accidentally knocked over Erza's strawberry cake off the table. Thankfully, Lucy was gone by the time Erza noticed.

While she was watching the guild's commotion, Erza put her fork down to pick up another piece of cake to eat when the fork banged against the wooden table. She looked down and realized what had happened.

"My CAKE! Who wasted my precious cake?!" Erza shouted as she jumped into the crowd of people fighting one another.

Wishing to have nothing to do with the guild's ramblings, Gray sat at the bar drinking soda when Juvia worriedly came up to him.

"Gray-sama! You're wet! I'll go get you some dry clothes." Juvia said.

"It's alright. I'll just be heading home now." Gray replied.

"Oh ok. Here's my umbrella."

"What about you?"

"I don't care if I get drenched by the rain if it's for Gray. I'd do anything for  him." Juvia mumbled to herself.

"What did you say?"

"Oh. Well, I'm made out of water so it won't affect me." Juvia lied.

"Then, why do you always carry an umbrella when it rains?"

"Oh whatever. Don't think about that. Just go home safely. You'll be here tomorrow right?"

"Yeah. I'm still searching for missions to go on."

"See you tomorrow!" Juvia yelled as he went out.

But Juvia was actually following him. She wanted to see where he lived.

Gray knew Juvia was following him, so he played along.

"Ugh. Why does she always stalk me?" Gray whispered.  

Gray went the opposite direction of his house and started running. He looked behind and saw a streak of blue from Juvia's dress for a second. He ran faster and faster until he couldn't see Juvia anymore. He looked around but Juvia wasn't in sight.

"Guess she went away."

Suddenly, it began raining so hard that the umbrella got a dent. Gray started running home, but slipped and felt his knee hit something. The umbrella blew out of his hand. Gray had fallen on top of Juvia.

"Gray-sama...what are you doing?" Juvia blushed.

"Oh. Sorry. The ground was slippery. Didn't see you there." Gray hesitated.

"Oh. It's alright. It was nothing." Juvia shyly smiled.

"You like this, don't you? Because you like me."

"Oh. Um..well..."

"Look I'm sorry but I don't like you. So please stop trying. Stop following me and staring at me. It gets annoying sometimes."

"I'm-I'm sorry, Gray-sama! I didn't know I was causing you so much pain!"

Juvia ran off crying into the rainy darkness of the night.

"Now what am I going to do?" Gray sighed, looking down at the puddles of neverending rain.