15. The Tactic

"...indicating the murderer was weak. These patterns on each victim are distinct. There is no way they come from the same..."

Kate's voice was echoing on the platform. And it annoyed her.

"I believe you, Dr. Jepsen."

Hodgins, Camille and Angela exchanged a confused look. When did Brennan ever just 'believe' before having seen the evidence?

"I'd prefer you'd call me Kate," her snappy little voice replied. "It helps in the work environment to..."

"Yeah..." she mumbled to herself. "Shouldn't we send this information to Booth?" she asked, hoping her voice sounded professional.

"Already did," Cam answered. "He gave everything to Agent Phips."

Brennan frowned.

"Agent Phips?"

Angela and Hodgins got a scared look on their faces. She didn't know? This was not going to be pretty.

"Booth didn't tell you? He pulled himself out of this case. Something about Parker."

"Something's wrong with Parker?" Kate asked, concerned.

You don't even know Parker, Brennan frowned, irritated.

Hodgins mentioned chicken pox and fever, and Brennan stopped listening right then.

Something's wrong with Parker alright. He's got an idiotic dad. Parker had chicken pox last year.

"Alright. Well... Ok. Carry on," she said, getting off the platform.

"Didn't you want to see the scenarios on the Angelator?" someone asked her.

She didn't even turn around to reply. She needed to clear her head. What better place to do that than Limbo?

Fact #1

You had sex in your office.

Fact #2

You had unbelievable sex. (See fact 1)

Fact #3

You have never been more sexually compatible with anyone.

Fact #4

Booth has always been discreet about his sex life.

Fact #5

He dropped the case and lied about the reason why.

Fact #6

You've been here alone, in Limbo, thinking about him for more than two hours.

Fact #7

It's been less than 24 hours and you miss him.

QUESTIONS

What the hell's going on?

And what are you gonna do about it?

ANSWER

Nothing.

That's pretty much what the femur made her think of. She put it back in the plastic box and sighed.

She was scared nothing would ever be the same. Which sucked. Because she had loved her life these past three years. Would he stop calling her 'Bones'?

She took the right fibula.

Why did she have to go and lick the spring roll for? Why did she have to choose that moment to take Angela's advice?