16. Outside the Box

Angela watched her friend come back to the table, looking shocked and lost. And hurt. Angela stopped herself from asking too many questions at once and waited for Brennan to cool off.

"I can't believe it," she heard the doctor mutter under her breath.

Angela leaned over the table.

"What was that all about?" she asked, hinting to the window with her head.

Brennan looked at her friend. Maybe it was time to tell her everything.

"I seized the day," she explained.

Angela looked at her, jaw dropped.

"What?! How could I miss a kiss?" she said, pointing to the excellent view she had of them. "I was right here!"

"Not now. Yesterday."

"You kissed him yesterday without telling me? I want my necklace back."

"I didn't kiss him. Well, yes. There was lots of intense kissing. I slept with him," she confessed quickly.

Angela's jaw dropped even more. She was making chocking sounds like she was trying to talk. Then she blinked rapidly. She knew this was gonna happen someday, but she had thought more along the lines of 5 years from now. They were sooooo oblivious usually.

"Boy! When you seize, you seize!" she said, impressed, leaning back on her chair.

Brennan got a very concerned look.

"You think it was a mistake too?"

"What? Absolutely not! Who thinks it was a mistake? Wasn't it great? Mind blowing? It surely was..." She clapped her hands back on her mouth to shut up.

"I'm starting to think it was. A mistake. I mean it really was..."

Angela was nodding and nodding, encouraging her to continue.

She wants details, I know her. So she explained the whole thing, starting from the little fight they had had about kissing until...

"On your desk?!" Angela yelled out. Brennan laughed. "Well, that answers a lot of questions."

"Really?" Brennan said. "Don't you mean it creates a lot of questions?"

"That's why you wouldn't have lunch in your office. Actually, now that I think of it, you haven't been in your office all day. But..." Angela frowned. If they had great, unbelievable sex... "A few minutes ago, you two were..."

"I know. He... Right after the intercourse..."

"Don't say that word, sweetie. Can you find something less... technical?"

"After we both reached orgasm..."

Angela laughed at the detachment in Brennan's voice. "Go on."

"He left," she said.

"What do you mean?"

"That he left. He said I'll see you later, and he almost ran out."

"Well, that's not very Booth-like."

They pondered over it a little.

"Maybe he was ashamed..." Angela suggested.

"Of me?"

"No! Ashamed that he took you on your desk. Maybe he had something more romantic in mind, with a bed and candles."

Brennan considered the possibility.