Chapter 10

Ivy POV

    When we get home Vin is sleeping in my arms. We head inside and I lay on the bed with Vin. I hold her close to me and kiss her forehead. Harley lays behind me and puts her arms around me. "I can tell you're blaming' yourself Pam. It's not your fault. If anything it's mine for ever going back to that ass after ya tellin me time and time again he was just gonna hurt me. And you were right. This is the worst thing he could have done and I'm sorry."

    "Harls, it's not your fault. Its his fault for being a psychotic bastard and going after everything we love just to get back at us for being in love. Because I have something he likes to consider his. And you don't belong to anyone because you are not an object. You are a person and you can choose what you want and who you want." I say turning my head to look at her. I wipe her tears and kiss her. "I love you. I love you so much. How about we spend the day at home and we can play with Vin and be happy that he is locked away in Arkham. At least for now. It gives us time to get out of Gotham and make a start somewhere else. We could finally be happy. And even if we don't leave we can Joker proof the apartment. We can go and get the hyenas and get guards to always be here. Anything to keep the two of you safe. Money isn't a problem. We can figure that out."

Harley hugs my waist from behind me and kisses my neck. "I love ya Daffodil." She smiles against my neck.

"I love you too my little psycho. Now get some sleep." I smile and snuggle into her still holding Vin tightly.
I fall asleep shortly after and feel relieved that Joker was in Arkham and Vin was safe in my arms again. She would never be put in harm's way again. We sleep in that morning, mostly because it was close to 7AM when the whole ordeal ended. It was only a couple of hours but it felt like years.
It was close to noon by the time I woke up. Vin was still sleeping in my arms and Harley still asleep with her arms around my waist. I smile and wake up Harley by kissing her lightly on the shoulder. On nights like this she was a light sleeper.
She smiles at me. "Mornin Red." She smiles sleepily.

I smile and look back at Vin. Harley rests her head on my arm and looks over at her. I run a hand through Vin's hair and kiss her forehead. She begins to wake up and I smile at her. "Morning baby girl." I smile and hug her.

"Morning Mommy." She says yawning and cuddling back into my chest.

I rub her back gently. "Are you hungry? I can order us some lunch since it's almost noon." I smile. She nods into my chest not moving. "Wanna take a bath first?" She nods again.
I get up and carry her into the bathroom and put her down on the ground. I begin to run the water and help her take off her now dirtied clothes. She has bruises and cuts on her, fresh from the early morning attack. I put her in the tub and began washing her up.
"Are you feeling okay?" I ask as I begin washing her hair.

Vin nods. "My arms kinda hurt." She says showing me the cuts and bruises.

I kiss her arms. "Would you like to watch a movie after we're done washing you up?" I smile and kiss her forehead.

"Can we watch Dumbo?" She asks with a small smile.

"Of course baby girl. Of course." I lift her out of the water and wrap her in a towel.

Harley comes in and leans against the doorway. "I heard were watching Dumbo again. I'm in." She smiles and picks up towel clad Vin, kissing her cheek.
I order Chinese food and they start watching the movie. I walk over after ordering the food and lay on the L-shaped couch. Vin moves over and lays with me. Harley pouts slightly but lays with us. Vin cuddles up between, holding each of our arms in hers for comfort. She had lost her dragon during the incident and she felt lost without it.
Vin lays on my chest and puts her thumb in her mouth. Her arm looping around Harley's still. It gets to the scene when Dumbo sees his mother in the cage and she clings closer to me. Baby Mine begins playing and she buries her face in my chest.
She relaxes slightly as the song goes on and realizes it's the song that we had sang her when she wanted me to sing for her. I put my arms around her and turn onto my side still holding her.
There's a knock at the door and Harley answers it. She takes the food and puts it on the table. I sit up and Vin looks at the boxes skeptically. "What is that?"

"It's chinese food. It's got chicken and rice and I don't know a lot a stuff." Harley says not really sure how to explain it.

"It's just a lot of fried food that they call chinese food." I smile and get to go grab plates.

Vin smiles and takes a french fry from the box. "I've never had one of these not from a trash can." She says quietly before taking a bite. "They don't taste much different." She laughs quietly
I smile as I return with the plates and set one down in front of her. She begins grabbing some of everything and trying it. Harley piles on chicken fingers and french fries. And I grab some crab rangoons, them being one of the only things I'll eat that are made with meat. We sit back and finish the movie while we eat lunch.
"Would you like to go out and get a new dragon?" I ask her as the movie ends.

"No, it's not the same. I want my dragon back." Vin says frowning and leaning into the couch.

"Why is it not the same baby girl?" I ask putting an arm around her.

"It's not from the first day you brought me home with you. It's not the one that I got when you bought me my first clothes that weren't someone else's first. It was special and now it's gone." She says tears rolling down her face.

I hold her in my arms and kiss the top of her head. "Sweetheart I'm sorry. This was never supposed to happen. This was supposed to be a better life for all of us. Maybe I should leave you with someone where it's safer for you." As I say it I regret my words.

"You don't want me anymore?" Her tears flowing out faster now and she pulls away from me and running into our bedroom.

"No, I didn't mean it that way. Please I'm sorry. Come back," I say putting my face in my hands my own tears coming to the surface.

"I'll go talk to her Red." Harley says standing from the couch and walking towards the bedroom.