Chapter 20

Vin POV
      The next morning I wake up with Barb getting ready for school. I see her stomach, which is now way more tone than it used to be. "Damn baby when did you get abs of steel." I mutter sleepily.

     She looks over at me and smirks. "I'm surprised you didn't notice last night."

     "I was focused on a couple of other things." I say as my gaze goes to her still bare chest.

      She smiles and walks over and kisses me. "I love you."

     "I love you too baby." I smile and pull her back into bed.

     "I gotta go to school. You'll see me later, I promise." She kisses me again and gets up.

      I sit up and walk into the kitchen with just a bra and pajama shorts. The pain was starting to subside in my side as I walk out. In the kitchen stood Canary, Ma, and Mom.

     "Good night last night huh?" Canary smirks as she looks me up and down.

     Being only half dressed with my messy hair I blush. "You could say that." I mutter and run to throw on a shirt.  I come back with a tank top on. "Better?"

    "Much." She chuckles. "Now good morning."

     "Morning." I say and sit at the table with a slight grimace from the pain.

     "You feeling better?" Se asks putting a hand on my forearm.

     "I am. The pain is only there when I sit down and stand up mostly."

     "Good. I was thinking you could come up to the watchtower."

      "Yeah let's go now." I say getting up quick and falling back into my chair.

        "How about you move a bit slower this time." She says as she looks at the tears in my eyes from the pain.

      I stand up slowly and wipe my eyes. "I'll go get dressed."

      Ivy POV

  Vin walks into her room to get dressed and I look at Canary. "She won't get hurt up there right?"
      "Ivy, you know I wouldn't put her in any danger. I would take a bullet for that girl. I love her too. She will be fine." She says reassuringly.

     I nod and lean on Harley's shoulder. "I hope she doesn't try to over do it today."

     "I won't let her. She will be taking the tour with me and then she will be hanging out with Batman with all of the computers until the end of the day."

        Vin POV

        I walk back into the room and they are talking about something. I smile and look at Canary. "Can we get breakfast before we head up there?"

      "What were you thinking?" She asks skeptically.

    "McDonalds?" I say with a big pouty lip.

      "You are so lucky I love you kid." She smiles and rolls her eyes. "Let's go." We head out the door.

         "Bye Moms love you guys." I say as the door shuts and we head down the stairs and out to the street.