Chapter 26

The next day was more unpacking. At around noon my moms said they would come over to help us. Barb was in the kitchen getting us drinks when there was a knock on the door. I open it to see the familiar face of none other than Bruce Wayne.

"Hey Brucie" I smile and invite him in. "Barb you're boss is here." I yell as he enters.

Barb comes running in. "Hi Bruce." She smiles. "What's the occasion?"

"I thought I would give you guys a a small house warming gift." He pulls out an envelope from his jacket. "It's nothing too extravagant but I figured you guys could use it."

I open the envelope to find ten thousand dollars cash. "Bruce I can't take this. It's too much really." I say trying to hand back the cash.

"I insist. Two young adults just starting out will need this. If it will make you feel better I will put it in a bank account for you and you can use it for emergencies." He says taking the envelope.

"Alright." I nod and Barb stands still stunned by the gesture. I hug Bruce. "Thanks for being there for me. It's been really helpful these past few years."

"Don't mention it." He smiles and heads for the door. "I'll see you later."

He shuts the door behind him and I look at Barb. She has tears in her eyes. "Babe what's wrong?" I ask moving to her quickly.

"I can't believe he gave us that money. It's just so nice of him." She smiles and hugs me.

"Are you on your period?" I joke laughing and hugging her back.

"Noo." She drags out and laughs through her tears.

After making Barb laugh we got back to work on unpacking. My moms finally showed up around one my I hug them. "Welcome to our apartment." I smile and invite them in.

So far all we had was a table, our bed, and some pictures to hang on the wall. We were planning to go get more when we got some more money to do so.

"We have a surprise for you." Mom smiles. "Look out the window." She guides me to the front window and points down to the street. I faintly see a truck.

"What is it?" I ask looking at her.

"It's your new furniture." She smiles and hugs me.

"Oh my gosh thank you so much." I smile and then hug Ma. "I love you guys so much thank you."

The delivery men begin carry the things upstairs and placing them. They seemed a little zonked out so I walked closer to one of them. I noticed their eyes were a little glassy and I looked at Mom.

"You didn't." I say sighing and shaking my head.

"They were giving me a hard time so I just gave them a little help." Mom says defending herself.

I roll my eyes. "I thought we agreed you were done with the plant voodoo."

"It's not voodo-." She stops mid-sentence and gives up. "I did. I'll try."

Barb hugs me from behind and I hold her arms in mine. "Do you guys want anything?" I ask leaning back against Barb gently.

"Do ya got anything to drink?" Ma asks. "I'm thirsty and your Mom wouldn't stop at the store."

I laugh. "Check the fridge."

She runs and grabs a water, drinking almost the whole thing in one sip. I look at Mom. "Is she sick or something? Please don't tell me she's sick." I say becoming frightened.

"No she's fine sweetheart she's just got a cold. Don't worry about it." She says and puts a hand on my cheek. "If anything serious happens you know I'll tell you right away."

I sigh quietly in relief and watch as Ma comes back over holding another bottle of water in her hand. "Maybe you ought to go home and get some rest." I say and look at Ma.

"I'm fine kiddo." She smiles. "But if it will make you feel better I'll head home and get some sleep. We'll come over tomorrow when you are more settled."

"Alright. I love you guys." I smile and give them both hugs.

After they head out the door I look over at Barb and smile. I run and jump into her arms. She catches me and I kiss her. "We have our own place baby. It's really ours." I say and hug her as she holds me effortlessly.

"It's so amazing babe." She smiles and carries me to our bed.

"I'm having Selina bring Bagheera over tomorrow so she can see the house." I smile. "And I've missed the little bugger."

Barb giggles and kisses me. "Are you sure you got the cat for me and not you?"

"Could be debated." I smile and lay down on the bed.

She rolls over and looks into my eyes. Without words I could feel how much she loved me. Her eyes said every word I could ever want to hear. I lean my forehead against hers and her eyes change expression. Not just love now but a bit of lust. A hand snaking down my side might have given me a sneaky suspicion on this though.

I bite my lip and then kiss her gently. She pulls me closer with the arm she had around me, closing the small gap that was between us a moment ago. I kiss her again, harder and it lingers a bit.

When she looks in my eyes I am amazed by the complexity of them. I never had realized how expressive her eyes really were. Now even after years I'm always discovering new things about Barb and I love it. Her personality goes so deep I could never figure her out all at once. I love adventures and figuring out Barb, the love of my life, is going to be my favorite one. I can feel it in my bones.