3

Whoever he be worthy,
Can lift the hammer,
And possess the power of Thor.

"It's a trick!"

"Oh no it is much more than that my friend"

"He whoever be worthy haveth the power! Come on man, it's a trick!"

"Be my guest"

"Really"

"We know you've had a tough week, so we won't hold it against you if you can't lift it."

"You know I've seen this before."

"No wait I want the first turn." Alice stood up.

A grin rolled onto Clint's face. "Alrighty go ahead." He gestured her forward.

Alice wrapped her hand around the handle, and breathed deeply out through her nose. She clenched her hand and pulled with all her might. It didn't move. Sensing a lost cause she decided to put her second hand around the handle. Using the table it sat on as leverage she pulled again.

The sound of heavy metal sliding a short distance on a table. A little budge. No more.

Everyone laughed and clapped. Not in an insulting way of course. Clint then got up and had a go. Failing.

"Good try small one." Tony slapped her on the back.

"Shut up as if you could do better!" She teased.

"Challenge accepted." Tony smirked and swaggered his way over to the hammer.

This went on for a few minutes, as each Avenger, excluding Natasha, tried and failed to lift a hammer. Alice however was sure that when Steve tried to lift the hammer it moved slightly.

The sound of heavy metal sliding a short distance on a table. A little budge. No more.

"I think the literal translation is: whoever be holding Thor's fingerprint can lift the hammer."

"I have another theory," Thor stood up, gulped down some of his drink and then flipped the hammer into the air as if it were a child's toy, "You're all not worthy."

~~~

"Is everyone okay?" Alice called.

The room in which they were attacked was a mess. Glass shattered everywhere, tables upturned, and a giant dent in the wall where Thor had swung Mjlonir. Multiple grunts confirmed to Alice that everyone was alright.

"Just a couple thousand..." Tony muttered to himself. Clearly calculating the cost to fix all this in his head.

"What did he mean, he killed the other guy... No one else was in the building." Maria questioned.

"No someone else was in the building..." Tony corrected. He then showed us the remains of J.A.R.V.I.S.

"No."

~~~

"Wakanawa? Wa-Wakanda?" Bruce stammered.

There was mutter from Cap and Tony, what they were saying was indistinct to everyone else.

"Why what comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce questioned on behalf of the rest of the team.

"The strongest metal on Earth..." Steve answered, and everyone turned to look at it.

The mighty shield of Captain America.