chapter 2

10k's POV

"Doesn't take long anymore till we'll be there!" Warren yelled out of the window of the truck. And now, after nearly 3 more hours of driving I was finally brave enough to talk to the girl again. "S-so what's your name?" I asked her. She didn't look at me until she realized that I was talking to her.

"Sorry... what did you just say?" she smiled at me. "I asked: What's your name?" I replied.

"Ouuh... I'm Daisy. But you can call me Daisy." she said and winked at me. The lightness  she said this with, made me giggle. 

"I'm T..."... suddenly the truck stopped. Warren got off and yelled "10k, Doc and Daisy, help me fix this thing, so you don't have to drive with us at the back." she said and pointed at an other truck. "We'll go and search for a radio to contact Citizen-Z!" said Addy and went off with Mack. As she said, we did. Well, not really. She and Garnett fixed this thing on their own. Doc, Daisy and me detached a receiver. "Why are we even doing this?" asked Daisy. "Addy may be able to do something with this! Maybe we could receive porn if we are the lucky ones!" Doc started laughing. 

"I've never seen porn before..." I committed "Is it good?". Doc just nodded and Daisy shook her head.

Addy and Mack came back and we finally could move one. "Our citizen-dude told us, there was a helicopter near by..." said Addy. "Good, let's go!" said Warren and got on the truck.

We drove off to search for that thing. It turned out to be huge fail. A sergeant, who was responsible for the whole east coast got infected and went crazy. Doc nearly got killed. But as the others were inside the tower, Daisy and I waited outside. "Uhm... 10k? I... I saw how you looked at me when I talked about what happened to my parents back then..." she said and looked at me. I looked down and then back up. I took a deep breath "...Listen... This isn't easy for me. I saw, how my dad got infected too... But I swore to him, that I would end this... And I just hope, he knows I did it, how he wanted it.". Suddenly she took my hand. "I know how you feel. I also had to give mercy to some other people from our camp who got bit, but when I saw my mom... and my dad... I couldn't do it." she said in a shaky voice and a tear rolled over her cheek. "Hey...hey... Look at me." I said "But you are alive. And that is, what matters". I hugged her, and tried to stay strong...

  Anyway... We kept moving on heading towards Warrens old hometown. 

We all were pretty exhausted as we reached an other town a few miles away from Castle Point. 

We took a rest in a House with an electric fence, which kept the Z's away. Mack and Addy were somewhere, having "fun". Warren and Garnett were outside and Murphy was playing cards with Doc. And Citizen-Z did a radio broadcast informing everyone, that a tornado was coming our way.

I sat in an old armchair and read an old magazine. In it some kind of relationship advice. 

I looked over to Daisy. She took a nap at the couch. I started smiling like a jerk and didn't know why, when I saw her sleeping this peaceful. She gave me some kind of hope. I was willing to fight on from now.

Daisy's POV 

I woke up from the nap I was taking because I felt a stare. I  opened my eyes and spotted 10k staring at me and smiling like an idiot.  Suddenly Warren and Garnett screamed "Let's gooo!" and ran off to the truck.

We followed and immediately some Z's broke through the door. 

In the truck 10k told me, that Citizen-Z did a radio broadcast saying, that there was a tornado coming our way. 

We passed a sign Castle Point, Richmond 2 miles 

Warren decided we should stay in her old houses basement. 10k and I headed out to search for some tools for communication, after Garnett told us to. As we were searching, the storm got stronger and stronger. Before we were able to seek shelter in a house we saw it- the tornado came our way!

"The car!" 10k screamed! 

We crawled into the vehicle and the storm started to move it. In panic I grabbed his hand and pushed my other hand against the vehicles roof. 

10k looked at me. I could see the fear in his eyes. He breathed heavy. So I did.

"Daisy?!" he nearly screamed because it was very loud. "10k?!" I asked back.

"Daisy... I think I like you... I like you very much!" he said and the car started spinning around. 

After a few minutes this roller coaster of craziness was over. I crawled out of the car. We both were alive. Luckily. 

I looked in his eyes. "And... and what now?" I asked.

"I'm sorry..." he said. 

I started hugging him tightly. "Don't be sorry... I also do..." I giggled "But let's... let's keep it our little secret. Ok?"

He hugged me even tighter. "Yeah... And let's get out of here. We need to go back to the others." he said and we both went off.

And I... I was happy to have someone.