chapter 6

[Daisy's POV]

I started panicking! 

A horde of Zs came my way. They were fast, so I had to be faster! I started running towards the cars, which were parking in the back. The odd looking one, which I got the music-player from was still parking there. I could not find a key, to start it, but I spotted a motorcycle. 

A friend, back in the camp used to drive one. He also had shown me, ho to start such a thing without a key. I sat on it, and started it. Short before the horde reached me, I drove away. 

I hoped, that my group had not left me behind... That they were waiting for me a few miles down the road. 

After I had reached the car, which I practiced shooting on, I stopped. No Zs anywhere. But also no one else. They had left me. Thy also had my stuff with them in the car. My bag with the water bottles, my jacket, some other stuff and also the last picture of me and my family. 

I started crying and sunk down on my knees.

[10k's POV]

-flashback-

Zs everywhere! Everyone was running around and heading towards the cars. "DAISY!" I yelled multiple times. I couldn't see her anywhere! I can't loose her! 

Suddenly Warren yelled at me, I should come to the truck, we need to go. "I can't and won't leave her behind! " I yelled back and ran off. Murphy also started panicking and convinced me to leave. With tears in my eyes I had to accept, that she might be dead already.

-end of flashback-  

I sat on the back of the truck again. But this time... alone. I tried to stay strong, but I already missed her. I couldn't belief she's dead. She's a fighter. She's smart. She knows how to survive in this crazy world. 

I started packing my bag. I need to find her. I know she's alive. I also spotted her bag in the corner of the loading area. I opened it; at the inside her leather jacket, two water bottles, something to eat and her purse. Why do people still carry purses?! I also opened this one up. At the inside was her ID and a picture of her family... So that's why... 

I stuffed her things in my bag. "Warren. Stop!" I yelled. Doc stuck his head trough the window "Kid! We won't leave you behind!". I got angry "You also left her. I know where we are going. She doesn't! We'll find each other. Like we always do!".

"Doc... If he want's to find her... Let him go..." Warren said and stopped the car. I jumped off the truck, Doc opened the door and got off. He hugged me and said "Kid. You will find her. I belief in you. But don't risk your life. We need you!". I nodded and walked the other way. 

I felt very lonely. I missed her, and the group. I started walking towards the village we stayed in, before we came here. 

[Daisy's POV]

I got up. Dawn started breaking again. I asked myself, what I would do. I ran low on gas and had no water. Not even my jacket. I remembered, that the house we stayed in, was only a few miles away from here. I could make it with the gas I have left. 

I reached the village and stopped by the supermarket. I got off my motorcycle and grabbed my katana. After a look inside the windows and a few bangs against them, around 3 Zs showed up. I took a brick which was laying nearby and broke the window. After piking the first two Zs, I got ready to also kill the last one. But this one looked very strange. It had on fancy clothing... But also a knife sticking in this chest. I picked it and took the knife. 

Carefully I entered the store. My katana ready to chop some Zs. The store was still full of supplies! I found a huge bag and stuffed it full of canned food and water. Even chocolate bars were still there. I took everything. With a full bag and some new combat-boots I left and got in the house.

It still looked the way we left it only a day ago. The ash in the fireplace was still hot, so I sat up a new fire, and warmed the house. Upstairs in the bedroom with the double bed, I searched through the closet. I found a large sweater which I stuffed into my bag. In the bathroom I found the makeup, the woman who lived here once owned. The last time I wore makeup was about three years ago. But also I found the holy grail! Some tweezers and a razor. 

I smirked and thought, it's time to shave and plug my eyebrows. Instantly I started looking more like myself. Like I looked back in time. I also stuffed the razor and the tweezers in my bag. Back in the living room I warmed up some canned food and brewed some tea. I really needed some time for me. But 10k was always in my mind. I really missed him. And Doc. And Warren. Also Mack and Addy, who I had not seen in nearly two weeks. I hope they're okay...

 I got to bed after I barricaded the front door. I totally forgot about the back one, but no one was around, so why should I care?! 

The night was quiet and I slept trough for the first time since the old camp I used to live in. The next morning I got up, and decided to search for some gas. I walked around the neighborhood and 'cleaned up' a little. Practiced shooting with my slingshot and did find some gas! Also some tools, to fix some issues my bike had. So I decided to stay another day in the house, and started planning how it would go on. 

It was getting dark again. I made myself a cup of tea and sat down at the roof in front of the bedroom window. I listened to the crickets and watched the stars. I remembered, that I still had the music-player in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the display. 1.27 am. I listened to some music and eventually fell asleep. 

-a dream-

"Anne!" I yelled  "Wait for me!"

Anne turned around "You are too slow! You'll never make it in the apocalypse!" she said and ran away laughing.

"You're right... but..." Anne had disappeared before I finished my sentence. Now I was alone again. But what was that?! A scream! But this did not sound like her. I started running. I couldn't stop. I ran past my dad and my mom. Also my grandpa and my nana. I tried to say something to them as is passed, but my mouth would not open. I stopped running, as I reached a deep hole. I could see the bottom. Anne was screaming from down there. Than some Zs moaning and after that; silence. I cried. Suddenly I heard the noise of glass breaking.

-end of dream-

I woke up. The music was still playing. But was the noise real?! I climbed inside the house again.

For real! Noises came from down the first floor. I grabbed my knife and the slingshot and locked myself in the bedroom.

[10k's POV]

I was walking for nearly two days. On the last two miles I ran into a little horde, but too many to kill them all myself. I had to run!  Totally exhausted I reached the house, tried to unlock the front door. Something blocked it. I ran around the house but could not find the back door, so I broke a window and climbed in. 

Someone had been here. The ash in the fireplace was still hot. But that also could be from days before...

The Zs had not lost the interest in me. I ran up the stairs. All doors were closed, but not locked except the bedroom door. I heard the undead moaning down in front and around the house.  I leaned against the locked door and I could hear someone... or something breathing. I grabbed my knife and broke into the door...

The last hope | a 10k/znation lovestory/fanfic [1st story]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें