Chapter 9

[Daisy's POV]

I didn't know where we were right now. But we were lurking around in a secret underground base. Citizen Z had told us to go here.

After killing some Zs we heard some noises. But not like Z moaning or something. These noises were human nature!

"Don't move! Weapons down!" Warren yelled. I pointed my flashlight on the people standing there.

"Mack! Addy!" I ran to Addy and hugged her. "Glad to see you too!" she said and laughed. "I thought we'll never see you again!" Doc gave Addy and Mack a hug.

We had a short conversation with Citizen Z in an other room. And this strange little dude was clearly attracted to Addy! Every time he complimented her, Mack got a little upset and had a little verbal fight with him. But nothing serious. 10k and I stood in the back of the room. We kept eye contact all the time...

"Just go down the hallway. First door on the right. You should find everything what you need there." Citizen Z said.

We stuffed our bags with food and other supplies. Also some new clothing stuff and ammo.

We also got our hands on a new car! Not our beloved truck but a large family-van. It had a skylight, which we had opened wide. 10k was standing in the car, looking outside and scouting for Zs or Humans. W were driving for days. It at least seemed like this. It was hot inside the car, and the skylight was really small.

I stood up anyways and were next to 10k now. He was looking through the scope of his rifle. The wind in my hair felt really good. All of a sudden we slowed down a little. "Warren, look! A child!" Addy pointed out the window. Murphy, grumpy as always, just said "That's not a kid. More like Zombie-roadkill. " and continued napping. We passed another zombiefied-kid. And later a little boy. Maybe 13 years old, but still alive! He asked us for water. We him for food. We compromised, that he'll show us, where he came from and we bring him to Salt Lake City to his father.

We reached the camp somewhere in the planes of Utah. 10k and I were still standing, watching out. I spotted some women with sniper rifles. "Watch out!" I knocked on the car.

After a conversation we found out, that they call themselves "sisters of mercy" and only accept woman in their company. They gave us shelter and food. But only when the men stay out!

"But you stay with here with us, do you?" 10k looked down on me. "I don't know. They're already mad as f that we get along so well... I think I'm going to look around... Maybe have a shower..." I shrugged with my shoulders. I helped him set up a tent for Murphy. He immediately crawled in. "Wake me up when the apocalypse is over." he said.

We were standing in front of the tent. A blonde woman with some pie walked past. Murphy just said "Go away." and signalized us to leave. She also crawled inside the tent.

We took place on the cars hood. I just sat there raising my eyebrows and giggling.

"What are they doing in there?!" 10k asked and looked at me with a disgusted look. "It's kinda obvious. Dude..." I said quietly. He frowned "You're right... Pretty obvious.". I climbed up the car and laid down on the rooftop to enjoy the sun a little. Mack and 10k sat in the open trunk eating pie. Doc came running our way. "We need to leave! NOW!". He was very exited. "What?" Mack was confused. "A Zombie...Bear!" Doc was breathing heavy.

"Wait someone is coming!" 10k stood up. A car drove past us. A few of the women from the camp... And Roberta. As well as Addy. I leaned down "Where are they going?!". "Addy wouldn't go anywhere without me!" Mack said. "She just did..." Doc exclaimed. We all were concerned where they were going. But non of the man could ask. So I went in and sneaked around a little.