chapter 3

[Daisy's POV]

We got back. With our group was now a young couple. The man was injured and had a bandage wrapped around his head. But as we came there they were already leaving. 

"Glad you're back..." Doc said "...but let's go. We still have a long distance to drive..."

10k and I took place on the roof the firetruck they somehow got. We drove for hours, until Garnett told us, that we were driving to Province Town. He claimed that he knows the man hosting the shelter we were searching for. 

We had to leave the firetruck behind, as it ran out of gas. It was a beautiful day- even after everything what happened before. I was talking to 10k. Doc was with us at the back of the truck, but took a nap. 

We were sitting next to each other. I stared at 10k. Don't know why. It's just a thing that I sometimes do without noticing it. But he noticed. "What... are you doing?!" he asked. I totally zoned out staring at him and this got me back to reality. "I'm so sorry... I'ts just a thing that sometimes happens..." I laughed nervously. He smiled "It's ok..." and started blushing. "And back to the thing..." he looked at me. "Which thing?!" I asked. "The whole liking each other thing..." he looked the other way.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me. "It's a crazy world... and I don't know, if this is a good idea." I looked in his eyes. He looked down a little disappointed "I know...". "No. Listen. I know you for about two weeks. People have gotten into relationships knowing each other for a day. And I do like you. Really! And that's why I couldn't see you die one day!" I held his hand. He was biting his lips. "I won't die. I already gave up. Than I saw you, half dead, at the roadside. I convinced Warren to stop, and take you with us. You gave me some sort of hope. I don't know why..." he said in a slightly angry tone. Our faces were close to each other...

[10k's POV]   

I moved closer towards her. We both were slowly closing our eyes. Knowing what would happen next.

Suddenly the truck stopped. Interrupting what was going to happen. Doc woke up. Garnett got out of the car. We only heard pieces of the conversation. He signalized us, that we can get off and go into the shelter.  I spotted a sign     No weapons allowed    . 

"For real?!" I pointed at it. "Ouu man... This isn't good." Daisy said and we entered the building. 

We gave them our weapons. I even had to give them the chain I carry around. 

The man showed us everything we needed to know about this building. Also that there was a guy which founded the 'resurrection church'. Some strange kind of church, which thinks the Z's are some kind of holy creature. I really didn't get that.  He leaded us to the cafeteria. One meal was free. I've never been so happy to eat something...

The girl from the group which just came back left the room. I didn't feel well as she did, so I followed her. "I'll go after her. I don't feel well about this. Stay here with the others." I whispered to Daisy and left.

The girl walked out the building, but did not close the door to the outside. I saw something falling down, as she tumbled towards one of the guards. It was some kind of sharp object hidden in the cross she carried. 

She had injured her self and turned Z. It attacked the guard and hell broke loose! I made it to the room with the weapons and grabbed my gun and some other stuff.  I heard screams from the inside of the building. I worried if Daisy and the others were alright...

I placed myself at the rooftop. Those strange church people gathered everyone, also my group down by the Zombie-cage. They forced them to go down on their knees. The preacher pulled out a weapon and pointed it onto Warrens head. I tried really hard getting a good position to shoot the preacher, but he was walking around and as I had found the desired position, the caged opened! 

Murphy stepped out and did some kind of zombie-dressage... I couldn't see it very well... Suddenly, a shot. Garnett sunk down to the ground again. I had to move, NOW! I ran to our truck which was parking at the backdoor of the building. Everyone was there. Except Garnett...

[Daisys POV]   

Garnett got shot by this weird preacher-guy... I held Warren in my arms. She was crying...She really loved him...

Suddenly we heard steps from behind... I turned around. It was 10k! I made a step towards him. He dropped his weapon and hugged me tightly. "I'm so glad that you are alive!" he whispered. "Yeah, me too! But... did you see what happened to Garnett?" a moment of silence. Warren, still tears in her eyes, came up to us and grabbed the gun. She set it up. A shot. Right through the preachers heart. 

She reloaded and said "Charles Garnett. I. Give you. Mercy." Another shot. 

He still held me in his arms. When he was around, I automatically felt so much saver...