Loved From Afar (Michael)

You never knew it, but you had a guardian angel. Yeah, I know, angels aren't guardians, they're warriors of God. But when Michael the leader of the Archangels visited Earth to check up on something he had his first real interaction with a human. You.

You were college student learning to be a nurse. One day you were walking sitting in the park studying when you saw two men fighting with these long silver knives. You stood up and watched in horror as the one got stabbed in the arm, and knocked back. 

Running straight towards the man to make sure he was okay, the one who had  stabbed him saw you and grabbed you putting you in a headlock and pressing the silver blade to your neck. The one who had gotten stabbed stood up with an almost angry fear in his eyes, and his grip on his silver blade tighten."Let her go Nikolas." He spoke with much command you were sure he was leader of some sort. 

"It's either her life or yours Michael. And I don't think you would risk your life for a simple human like her." Said the man holding you. 

"Oh, no you did not just call me a simple human." You said angry now. With all your might you flipped the man over your shoulder sending him crashing to the ground. And as you did Michael brought the silver blade down onto the mans heart. 

You were so shocked to see someone die, but before you had time to think the mans eyes started to glow, and the guy, Michael, grabbed you and shielded your face from the bright explosion. When it was all done you looked down to see a burned pattern of what looked like angel wings in the grass. "What. The. Hell." You stated backing away from the now murderer. 

"Are you alright?" Michael asked. His big brown eyes were filled with concern as they scanned over you as if looking for injury. You had to admit he was probably the most attractive guy you had seen in a long time. 

"You just killed him!" You stated. "And why the hell did he explode?" 

The man stepped forward and you took two steps back. "I can explain, but you have to trust me." He said. 

"Trust you?" You scoffed. "I think I would sooner trust my creepy neighbor you hits on me all the time." 

"You're neighbor hits you?" The man asked cocking his head like a confused puppy. 

"No, hits on me. You know, like flirting." You were confused to find someone not know what that meant. Was he as foreigner? "Now do you care to explain why you just killed this man before I call the police." 

The man hesitated, but finally looked up."I am Michael archangel of the Lord Almighty leader of the heavenly host." A long pause lasted between you two until you broke into laughter. 

"You've lost too much blood." You said through laughs. "Let me help you." 

No longer fearing him you walked forward and rolled up his sleeve to examine his wound. It was bleeding pretty bad so you ripped the sleeve and tied it around the wound to stop the bleeding. The whole time you could feel Michael's eyes on you. "You do not believe in angels?" He asked finally. 

"No I believe, but what I want to know is if you truly are an angel why are you bleeding, and fighting here on Earth?" You asked tying the fabric. 

"It's a long story." Michael said. "Are you sure you're alright?" His eyes scanned over you as if assessing you for damage. 

"I'm fine," You stated. "Now, Mr. Archangel I have to get to class." You started to walk away, but something about him made you turn. "Make sure you keep that wound clean, and you might want to get it checked out by a doctor." 

Michael had his eyes trained on you the whole time you, with the most intense gaze. You interested him, more then any other human. The way you ran into a fight that was clearly dangerous, the way you stayed cool under the pressure of getting a knife put to your throat, the way you flipped the angel over your shoulder, and then when you tried to help him. 

******

Michael started coming down from the heaven to watch you from time to time. He watched you go through your classes and he even came to your graduation. The more he watched you the more he started to fall in love with you. 

Once you got a job at a city hospital you always walked home through dangerous alleyways to get home. This always made Michael worry because he would watch men stare at you with hungry eyes. 

One day after a long shift, you finally got off at 12 at night, and you started walking down the alleyway. As you walked, you started hearing the sound of someone following you, and so you started walking faster, and the footsteps started walking faster too. 

Reaching into your bag for your pepper spray, your purse got ripped out of your arms making you scream. You turned to see a man in dark clothes throwing your purse aside, and he then grabbed your shoulders and pushed you up against the wall, hard. 

You kicked up your leg and kneed him in the gut hard, and his grasped loosened, and in that moment you ran for your life, but the guy soon regained his posture, and he ran after you. Just as he was about to grasp you, a pair of strong arms wrapped around you, and before you knew it, you were on the other end of the alleyway watching as another man punched your attacker. 

He pounded him hard, and by the looks of it, it looked like your mystery saver was going to kill the man, and no man deserved to be beaten to death. You ran hard towards the scene. "Stop, just let him go!" You screamed. 

The man stopped and looked up at you and you gasped, it was Michael. You're attacker crawled away, and you and Michael stared at each other. Finally he spoke. "Y/N," he said. "Are you alright?" 

You had no words, none at all. So you did the only thing you could, you stepped forward and pulled him into a hug. You were still shaking from the attack, but thankfully Michael decided to hug you back and as soon as his strong arms wrapped around you the shaking subsided. "Thank you." You whispered. 

"I'm your guardian angel, I will always watch over you." He said back his face almost buried in your hair.