1

M A I N  P O V

"Valerie, you have 75 minutes. You better not be late for the flight."

Val groaned. She knew she wouldn't be late for the flight. She had all of her things packed ahead of time. All she wanted to do was spend the last few hours of her vacation at the hotel pool, Her mom was persistent when it came to time management, so missing this flight would be horrible. However, being stuck in the Bahamas didn't seem that bad.

Yep, she was in the Bahamas for Spring Break. The palm trees swayed lightly as she hopped out of the pool and wrapped a towel around her body. She dried her hair cautiously, she had time. After putting on her sunglasses and her POLO hat she walked towards the hotel lobby. This was going to be something to miss.

She slid into a bathroom stall. After changing into a pair of shorts and a halter top, she placed her wet clothes in her bag and headed for the hall elevators. The main ones were always crowded and slow, she knew her mom would forbid her taking that long.
She pressed the 'up' button and the light flickered lightly.

Of course, Valerie wasn't fazed by this. She needed to get up to the room, more than worrying about a dead light. The doors opened and she stepped in. Thank god she was alone. She leaned against the railing as the elevator abruptly came to a stop. Level 3.
The lights slowly dimmed as a boy walked in. Valerie sighed, she had spoken too soon.

The boy leaned against the opposite side of the railing and tapped the same number she had, level 8. The elevator moved up, slowly. She tapped her foot impatiently as the elevator began moving even slower.

"Maybe if you stop stomping, the elevator will go faster," The boy replies.

"I'm not stomping." She huffs.

The elevator stays silent temporarily. Then it goes dark. For half a second Valerie thinks she's dead. Grayson on the other hand, is amused by the little light party going on in their elevator. The lights flicker back on, but the elevator is no longer moving. The vibrant number that once stood stagnant was now in the middle of level 5 and 6.
"Holy shit." She breathes.

"You've gotta be kidding me." He groans.
He pulls his phone from his pocket, checking the screen desperately.

"Why the hell is there no wifi in this god damn room." He groans.

"Do I look like a mechanic to you? Jesus Christ." She mutters.
He chuckles as he places his phone back in his pocket.

"Are you going to try and call?" Valerie asks frantically.

"Why can't you?" He asks folding his arms.

He's got to be kidding me. She rolls her eyes.
"If you don't have service, why the heck would you think I would?"

"Okay okay. But chill, it's the Bahamas. Take it nice and steady."

"I can't chill. I'm leaving and God, if I miss my flight."

"Well you're stuck with me until someone gets help, and that'll be around 6 hours or so."
"No, if I don't get off of this elevator I'm going to miss my flight!"

"Well, that's not all be a bad thing."
She groans, running her hand through her hair before reapplying the hat. She sits down, lightly.

"Come on, it'll be fun. Do you want to play a game? 20 questions? This is gonna be litttt as fuck, bro."

The boy smiles before sitting across from me. Here we are, talking like best friends, on a broken elevator in the Bahamas. And we're the only ones who know about it.